Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Still Receiving Messages After Being Removed as a Co-Host

Still Receiving Messages After Being Removed as a Co-Host

I have been removed as a co-host from one of the many listings I manage (it was not working out with the hosts) and I am still receiving messages via email and app notifications. This seems like a MAJOR security issue.

When I brought it up with Airbnb support they had no answers for me except to turn off my notifications. They would not address the fact that it is a security issue.

My chat is completely messed up for the other listings I manage now and I have no help. 

10 Replies 10

Hi @Nathan3189 have you tried reaching out to your primary host? They may need to double-check to ensure that they have fully removed your access to the listing. Sometimes, a removal may not have been fully processed. When you respond back to Airbnb,  provide them with the listing details and ask what they see on their end such as if you're still showing as co-host or what not. Hope this helps! 

Julie963
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Same here…we are not on the host account anymore…

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you checked on the hosts listing to see if you're still a cohost?

can you remove yourself from the listing ?

@Nathan3189 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Nathan3189, sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. 

Could you do the following steps on the app👇🏽

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

After this, please do let me know if you receive any new messages/notifications for the old listing you co-hosted. I hope this helps! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Tried this on my end and nothing works. I even asked the host to add me back and disconnect again. And I'm still receiving messages from the disconnected host listing.

The messages shows as "Open to see message" witout a profile. When I open it I do see the message but it says error and it stays as unread all the time.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @John-Terry0

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble also. I just wanted to pop in here to let you know that it has been raised and hopefully you hear back soon 🙏🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Sophia, hopefully it gets fixed soon. I saw one or two people here having a similar issue. 

John-Terry0
Level 2
Cerritos, CA

happening to me as well. Called support and they said they will escalate with their engineers 3 times and nothing happens. I have 60+ listings and this is affecting my messages

Nikki-And-Shawn0
Level 2
Tierra Verde, FL

Hello! We are hosts who removed a co-host and she is still receiving messages on both text and email. We've called AirBNB 3 times and they confirmed the former co-host has been removed and should no longer receive anything regarding our listing. This last time we also had them look at our host account to ensure the co-host isn't embedded some place inside. AirBNB confirmed the former co-host is not listed on our host account either. They escalated the issue to tech engineering 2 days ago but nothing heard. Meanwhile our former co-host continues to get our messages which is causing a major headache for her.  Any ideas to get this resolved would be most appreciated. 

We have the same issue!!  Word for word.  I feel bad for the removed co-host constantly getting looped in all communications.

Have you had any updates Nikki-And-ShawnO?