Struggling with Airbnb new pricing tools

Answered!
Sophie2414
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Struggling with Airbnb new pricing tools

Two weeks on and I am still unable to understand Airbnb's new pricing tools (or lack of?) 

In the past I used to use the custom price per week tool for most of my rentals to take into account seasonality, school holidays, bank holidays etc. So if I wanted to charge £2,000 for week 1 , £2,100 for week 2,  £1,800 week 3 etc. it was very straight forward. Now this tool has been removed and for the life of me I cannot find how to replicate those prices. What's worse is that when I select what customers pay for a specific week, I can see that Airbnb is applying some kind of discount but they are not mine! There is no custom discount that I can see yet they must be applying something because the daily rates do not add up to the weekly rates. I also get a lot of blank screens when I try to review availability by clicking on one date or trying to unselect a date range (which I found it is not possible anymore on Airbnb, you can't unselect a date range, you have to delete your choice and start again, it feels very backward). Anyway, I have been trying to get help from the technical department but I keep getting one-liner replies not really addressing the issue. A friend of mine is having the same issue and has now hidden his listing because he can't cope! Does someone know how to set custom prices per week and how to remove whatever Airbnb has put on my prices which seem to give random discounts whenever customers book a week's holiday?!  I could really use the help.

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Sophie2414,

Some of the Hosts in our Community have had experiences similar to yours. One of our amazing Hosts created a guide to help better understand how to use🔗 Pro Tools to set calendar custom pricing and trip length for the 2023 Summer Release.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Sophie2414,

Some of the Hosts in our Community have had experiences similar to yours. One of our amazing Hosts created a guide to help better understand how to use🔗 Pro Tools to set calendar custom pricing and trip length for the 2023 Summer Release.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Sophie2414
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you Paul for letting me know.  I had a look, I have been using those tools already but I still find them very cumbersome compared to the old method of setting one specific price for a week.

Before I was able to set a weekly price and still adjust my prices for shorter stays. Now if I change prices for shorter stays I have to remember to adjust my rule set otherwise my weekly prices will be affected. I really feel Airbnb got it wrong this time.