Struggling with bookings

Struggling with bookings

We had a pretty decent year last year but this year is pitiful. Any suggestions for our TN property? We should be booked from mid September to after New Years but crickets…

6 Replies 6
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vanessa2450, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

I checked your profile to add your listing link to your post, but I couldn't find a listing attached to your profile. Are you still in the process of setting up your listing?

Please keep us updated on your progress.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi! The profile must be attached to my husband’s email, Kevin Magee. It’s kevinkmg@aol.com. 

We have three properties on Airbnb, one in NJ, one in TN and one in FL. 

Thanks so much!

Vanessa Magee

@Vanessa2450 

If your husband is the Host and you aren't a cohost we can not look to see if anything unless he posts or you become a cohost.  It is to protect privacy of Hosts.

We are cohosts. it was under his email not mine. 

Hi @Vanessa2450 

I  think I found your beautiful Tennessee listing on Airbnb; 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/743368485594551091

I think one of the differences from last year might be that more and more people are choosing to use the Airbnb platform for renting. When I zoom in on your area to a view with 570 listings, your listing is on page 9 out of 15 pages with a total of 300 listings that Airbnb shows for any given search.

Karen4131_0-1724742967705.png

Karen4131_1-1724743033065.png

If I zoom out just a little bit, there are over 1,000 listings, and your listing does not appear among the 300 selected listings.

In other words, the competition to appear on one of the first pages on Airbnb in your area is tough, and you need to find more ways to compete beyond your excellent reviews and the fact that you are both Superhosts and Guest Favorite.

Airbnb ranks the listings highest that they think have the greatest chance of being booked.

An immediate thing to look at is your pricing. I can see that your prices are a bit higher than many listings in your area. It might be a good idea to adjust this to convince Airbnb's search algorithm that your listing is attractive. You could consider using Airbnb's Smart Pricing feature and/or running some of Airbnb's promotional offers to attract more guests and make yourself more appealing to the search algorithm.

These are just a few suggestions. There are many ways to work on getting higher in the search rankings, which you can find by googling something like "how to beat Airbnb's search algorithm."

I hope my advice is helpful. I wish you the best of luck with your rental.

Best regards,

Karen

Autumn11
Level 3
Salem, OR

Well is it like a little town in Tennessee or is it the only city I know there in Tennessee is Memphis so unless someone's specifically going to Memphis I don't see why you would think you would be booked up like that and everybody's broke are you that out of like touch with the community you live in people around you people are struggling to buy milk and keep their lights on