Suggestions welcome how to increase visibility, and bookings :)

Answered!

Suggestions welcome how to increase visibility, and bookings :)

Hello 😊

I recently set up a new listing, that I hosted before on the different listing (same house).

It had some 5.0 reviews, but the reviews didn't go to my profile unfortunately. I wasn't the listing owner, only the main host, but the former listing owner won't host anymore, so it was misleading that reviews went to her profile, and not good for my personal profile as the actual host, of course.

I refurbished/decorated the house, took new pictures, wrote new texts (the texts on the first listing were mine as well, but I improved more), added captions to almost all pictures, added all available amenities. 

Took out the cleaning fee that the former owner had at 60€. But adjusted the price a bit higher. I am personally not a fan of extra fees, that can be included in the price (if not a professional cleaner is hired).

What else can I do?

On Social Media I really don't know where to look for appropriate spaces to share. As ads are mostly not welcome and if then overrun by nonsense.

Thank you for your help and your time 🙂

Old listing: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1013091215993470904

New listing: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1096667091917178995 

1 Best Answer
Livia120
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

@Victoria2118 My thoughts:

- the previous listing photos look more professional. If you can’t use the original photos consider taking photos from similar angles

- the 11 photos were genuinely enough, you now have over 40 photos - but many are similar.  Remove duplicates/similar photos as they aren’t necessary

- always take photos during daytime on a light day or you can use post edit on your phone for brightness

- reorder your photos and keep the first few photos as different rooms (so not five of the same room).  This helps potential guests when they are swiping through

- this resource may help: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/take-great-listing-photos-on-your-smartphone-221

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Livia120
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

@Victoria2118 My thoughts:

- the previous listing photos look more professional. If you can’t use the original photos consider taking photos from similar angles

- the 11 photos were genuinely enough, you now have over 40 photos - but many are similar.  Remove duplicates/similar photos as they aren’t necessary

- always take photos during daytime on a light day or you can use post edit on your phone for brightness

- reorder your photos and keep the first few photos as different rooms (so not five of the same room).  This helps potential guests when they are swiping through

- this resource may help: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/take-great-listing-photos-on-your-smartphone-221

Thank you ☺️

I will take better pictures as soon as my interior is finished the way I want it.

Thanks for the link!

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

@Victoria2118 Do a promotion the week before an I booked weekend- I do 20% discount on a Wed if I’m not booked yet for the upcoming weekend. 

allow pets if you can and don’t already. 

remove cleaning fee if you do your own cleaning. 

An “unbooked” weekend

Thank you!

Good point to fill the weekdays before a booked weekend with discounts. I think I can't do custom discounts yet, but will keep it in mind.

Pets I'm not decided on yet. I'm anxious about hair of the furry ones. 

Cleaning fees I don't charge, as I figured they might be annoying to guests in finalizing the booking.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Victoria2118, welcome to our community 😊

I wanted to let you know that I have replaced the links you shared, enabling our Hosts to click directly from your post. This change aims to increase the possibility of garnering more comments. I hope this is ok with you 🙏

Have you had the opportunity to read the comments from Dawn and Livia?

Please keep us updated.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you!

Much appreciated 🙂