Super Host/Guest Favourite Filters

Phil-And-Aquilla0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Super Host/Guest Favourite Filters

First the Super Host filter  disappeared. I know for my experience (I am a Super Host, have been hosting for 12 years and have had hundreds of guests) that this was often used by guests in their searches. But it was dropped. No logical reason and  support staff I have contacted unable to offer an explanation.

That has been replaced by a "Guest Favourite" filter. I have four listings, two with the Guest Favourite badge and two without. The main problem I have with the Guest Favourite badge is that, unlike the Super Host award, there seems to be no consistency in how it is applied. The other problem is that it seems impossible to pinpoint why a listing does not have the badge. No support staff that I have talked to have been able to shed light on why two of my listings do not have the  badge. They just give standard waffle that with continuing guest satisfaction they should achieve the award. So if they don't know how are hosts supposed to know!

There are various criteria which are supposed to effect the award of Guest Favourite.

1)Low Host cancellation rates. 
2)Quality-related incidents reported to Airbnb customer service. 
3)A minimum of 5 reviews. When I contacted a member of support staff on the issue  initially I was told a minimum of ninety (yes, 90) reviews, then upon consulting a colleague that went down to ten and finally 5. 

4)Positive guest reviews. 

5)High overall star ratings and category ratings from guests.

My cancellation rate is ZERO.

I'm not aware of any quality related incidents connected to the two listings that don't have the Guest Favourite badge. 

All my listings have way more than 5 reviews.

My reviews have been overwhelmingly very positive.

Of the two listings that do not have the Guest Favourite badge one has a higher rating than one that has and the other has a higher rating than BOTH of the listings that have the badge.

So in summary,  I believe the problem with the Guest Favourite badge is that there are too many variables, too many inconsistencies  and it seems impossible to appeal against the  absence of the badge. The very least that Airbnb could do is to bring back the Super Host filter!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes Airbnb without consultation or notice are dropping all the benefits on being a SH. @Phil-And-Aquilla0 

They know that many more hosts will qualify for guest favourites even when those hosts have a number of listings below the 4.8 limit.