Super host Suspended

Answered!
Conor133
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

Super host Suspended

got a report recently from a guest who was unhappy - report of recording device in the house? I have absolutely no devices. I have two listings I run with my partner and we were both very upset which this.

We have been suspended for over a week, support have told us it is being looked into but very confused what is going on.

getting limited updates from the support team. I have sent them all the necessary information to clear the report but it is just hanging there !

disappointed host.

1 Best Answer

@Conor133 Facing a report of a recording device in your Airbnb listing, especially when you're sure none exist, is understandably troubling. Keep in constant touch with Airbnb's support team. Provide them with all the necessary information to prove your innocence. If Airbnb support hasn't updated you about your case, you can explicitly request that your case be escalated to a supervisor or a higher-level support team. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Conor133 Facing a report of a recording device in your Airbnb listing, especially when you're sure none exist, is understandably troubling. Keep in constant touch with Airbnb's support team. Provide them with all the necessary information to prove your innocence. If Airbnb support hasn't updated you about your case, you can explicitly request that your case be escalated to a supervisor or a higher-level support team. Hope this helps! 

thank you.

It has been over a week at this point since I have been suspended (I provided all the details the day of the report being filed) So I think I am at the point which it needs to be escalated.

The support team did sent me a saying it is being reviewed. Just very disappointed about the claim, and the fact I am suspended without any discussion.

i even had a guest check in yesterday (booked before the suspension) so I have no idea how it makes sense !

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Conor133 

I suspect we'll begin to see more of this as the "get free stays on Airbnb" blogs start to add cameras to the list of things you can claim to get a refund; Just affix something resembling a camera to a wall, take a photo, and bingo! claim a refund.

But as @Alicia753 pointed out, you'll need to provide proof. So be sure to have ready photos available showing no such camera devices and be sure to indicate that in several places in your listing description.

Also demand that the guest to provide the location and lots of up-close photos of the alleged camera(s). Obviously, if they don't do it, then there's good reason to doubt the claim. But if they do provide photos, look for signs that it's not actually a camera, and/or that it's not in your listing (e.g., the background/wall doesn't match where they claim it to be, or that it's haphazardly affixed and not connected to anything ...no power cable, no lights, no antenna...).

In outsourced support, often the easiest thing for some support agents is to just press a button and give the guest their refund (minus Airbnb commission of course), not bothering to do any extensive investigation. And then it's off their screen, and counts for another quick and successful "resolution" by that support agent, which they often will receive rewards for. But don't just lie down. Make them work for it. Be adamant that there's no cameras, and make them prove the guest's claim! 

Good luck. Don't give up. 

Just to update I am no longer suspended.

no details giving about resolution or what was exactly claimed. Not sure if refunds were given. 

all seems odd to me!