Swiss-French and Swiss-Italian sites' translation problem

Alessandro1802
Level 2
Losone, Switzerland

Swiss-French and Swiss-Italian sites' translation problem

I am a host from Locarno, Switzerland. The majority of my clients come from German and French speaking part of the country. 

Even if I prepared a good quality translation for French and Italian, the Swiss-French site (fr.airbnb.ch) and the Swiss-Italian (it.airbnb.ch) will show a bad quality machine translation from the English page, presenting also some possible misunderstandings. The headers of sections of the description appear respectively in French and Italian. The problem concerns only my descriptions.

It is obviously due to a bug.

Considering the costs of the service, it is an importante issue, but AirBnb seems to ignore my requests. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

5 Replies 5
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Alessandro1802,

I think the Airbnb system will try to translate the text the listing was initially setup with and possibly the preferred language listed on the host's account.

This is not actually the case and multilingual nations present this kind of issue. The various "titles" (description, rules, etc.) are correctly translated in the user's language. But if you use fr.airbnb.ch site, the content of the description is incorrect. This means that instead of showing my own French translation, it shows a machine translation from my English description, or directly the English description itself. Same thing for it.airbnb.ch. The problem is not appearing for the German speaking part, which is actually showing my own German translation of the description.

This additional detail really adds more context to your original post.  I suggest that you submit a support request and include all of the information about some sites are properly using the translation that you've provided and other sites seem to be using a systematic translation instead of what you've written.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Alessandro1802, I hope you're doing well.

As our Host Debra mentioned, the best way to get help in this case is by reaching out to the Support team. Have you had the opportunity to contact them? If you find it useful, here is the link to do so. 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you, I already did it in the past but without any results. I will try again.