Syncing Airbnb Calendar into VRBO Adds a Blocked Day on VRBO

Answered!
Donny34
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

Syncing Airbnb Calendar into VRBO Adds a Blocked Day on VRBO

I have just synced my Airbnb Calendar into VRBO, but when I do so VRBO adds a blocked off extra day into the VRBO calendar.  Im noticing this only for days I have blocked off in Airbnb and not for Airbnb bookings I have.  

Meaning; if I blocked off June 3-5 in Airbnb, VRBO will block off June 3-6 in the VRBO calendar when imported.   I cant edit this on VRBO side as it says "Edit this event on the site where it was created."

Any thoughts or anyone else with same issue?  Thanks in advance, yours in hosting

Donny 

1 Best Answer

I didn’t sadly, spent a few hours on the phone with Vrbo trying to get to the bottom of this issue. 

in the end Vrbo blocked off an extra day on their calendar and not on the Airbnb….so that worked for me as Airbnb calendar was still opening. I’m finding this market to be more Airbnb friendly as it is anyways! Thanks for follow-up 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Donny34 

Hmmm...do you have any prep days or advance notice set on your Airbnb calendar?

Thanks Joan! Yeah, looked into that a bit and I changed my Airbnb settings to ‘Day Of Booking’ from 12pm. So, I don’t think the issue is that? Unless there is another Airbnb setting maybe? Thank you for following up! 

@Donny34 

One thing I have been told is Vrbo does not allow same day bookings like Airbnb does. Guests can only book 1 day in advance. Many Hosts aren't aware of that. This might possibly be causing that extra day block but not sure.

Would have to see both calendars and the availability settings you have on Airbnb.

Ahhh interesting, it does seem weird though that the extra day is only added on days I blocked off for personal usage versus days that were already booked on Airbnb.

On the  booked days on Airbnb it imported exactly as is. Thanks again! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Donny34 👋

How did you get on with this? Did you get any further in your discoveries? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I didn’t sadly, spent a few hours on the phone with Vrbo trying to get to the bottom of this issue. 

in the end Vrbo blocked off an extra day on their calendar and not on the Airbnb….so that worked for me as Airbnb calendar was still opening. I’m finding this market to be more Airbnb friendly as it is anyways! Thanks for follow-up