Taking over from a management company

Sarah4815
Level 1
Portland, OR

Taking over from a management company

We have a vacation home on the Oregon Coast and have had it with a management company for over 25 years. Recently they were bought out by a company which starts with vee (which recently went public).  We are dreadfully unhappy with eve so we are cancelling our agreement and will host our home ourselves.  Is there anywhere on this platform that states that I can't list my own home despite it have been with vee for several months? I know I would have to start over with photos and reviews, but what legal ramifications are there? Anyone else have this issue? 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah4815 assuming you are not still contracted your management company then there is no reason why you can't list your property on Airbnb. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to look at your contract. What does it say if anything about what happens if the management company gets bought out. @Sarah4815 

You can absolutely set up your own listing. But will need to check with the management company about what to do about any up and coming booking.

And you will need to block out these dates in your calendar so you don't get double bookings.

Hi Sarah, have you thought about considering a different management company? One that's smaller and will give you and your home the attention it deserves?