Termite infestation in Miami

Answered!

Termite infestation in Miami

I recently stayed at VillaLee-Channel Castle Tennis court Salted pool in Miami, through Rent Supervisor. We had a lot of issues with this "luxury" home (AC didn't work, no items to cook with in the kitchen, damages, and the worst part - a termite infestation). I had contacted the host for a refund since we couldn't use half the house for the weekend due to the termites taking over the rooms and bathrooms. We also couldn't find any other places to stay for my 13 guests and I on short notice. He ignored all my messages and photos of the termites and is refusing to reimburse anything. All Airbnb can do is refund the cleaning fee, which is nothing compared to what we paid.

Is there anyway to report them for the bugs or get reimbursed for our stay? I already went through the resolutions center and only requested half, but he still denied and Airbnb said they couldn't do anything. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole3107 I fear that if you didn't involve Airbnb at the time to find a replacement place then you will be out of luck with a refund.

Having read through this host's reviews I am amazed he is still allowed on Airbnb. Provided others review him fairly he will surely go out of business soon.

Finally I hope future hosts will ignore his review of you. I suggest when you book a place you message the host and ask them, if they are concerned, to look at other peoples reviews for this host and his responses to them which verge on the ludicrous.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole3107 I fear that if you didn't involve Airbnb at the time to find a replacement place then you will be out of luck with a refund.

Having read through this host's reviews I am amazed he is still allowed on Airbnb. Provided others review him fairly he will surely go out of business soon.

Finally I hope future hosts will ignore his review of you. I suggest when you book a place you message the host and ask them, if they are concerned, to look at other peoples reviews for this host and his responses to them which verge on the ludicrous.

I see. I did reach out as soon as we left, but I think you're right that it wasn't soon enough 😕 Thanks for the advice, I'll do that for any future stays!