The new Airbnb host "dashboard" page is terrible. Change my mind.

Willis8
Level 4
Jersey City, NJ

The new Airbnb host "dashboard" page is terrible. Change my mind.

No, don't try to change my mind, you can't. It really is terrible. What were they thinking?

53 Replies 53
Willis8
Level 4
Jersey City, NJ

Before someone mentions it: Yes, I know there's a calendar page. But it only displays one property at a time and doesn't call my attention to new bookings or reviews I need to write. But it is generally a good calendar and uses the screen real estate well. Just give me that, only with reservations for all properties, and use the space on the right for alerts and notifications instead of for useless suggestions. Apple's Calendar app provides a pretty good view if I import my Airbnb calendars: one property is blue and the other is green.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 9.23.06 AM.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Willis8 Doyou not have the multi property calendar? If not switch on Pro tools from your account and try it out.

I didn't know about that. I tried it. It does show both my apartments, but it looks like it's optimized for people who have 10 or 20 units or more. For me it just shows one small row per apartment and most of the space is empty. Also it's no longer a proper calendar, i.e., with Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right.

@Willis8 If you click the listing name in the left hand column of that calendar view, it will bring up the full calendar view for that listing. 

Thank you!!!  It was doing my head in with the funny one line scroll thingy.....

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Willis8 every platform I use for selling anything online has a terrible dashboard. I think Etsy's current iteration is probably the most intuitive of those I use (and that is not saying much.)

The Etsy listing page is 3 sections with the largest in the middle. I pulled an example from a tutorial here. It has your items in the middle and a menu going down the left with a series of options that most people would understand-- messages, finances, marketing, search, etc.  On the right are options for editing listings. Very simple and easy to understand.Listings-1.jpg 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Stephanie 

The problem remains that it still takes 7 steps to get from here to my calendar or inbox.

If I make a mistake I will almost certainly be redirected to the guest side of the platform and then have to try to figure out how to escape.

I agree with @Willis8 about the useless information. It’s annoying and distracting.

It takes up space that could better be used for something useful and increases the odds that I am going to touch something irrelevant accidentally.

I hesitate to use any of it because it may take me to another place I can’t get out of without going through a process that seems designed to be confusing.

I want to be able to go directly from CC to my listing and back without having to avoid efforts to get me to buy something.

Frankly, the attempts to redirect me to the guest section have annoyed me to the point where I will not use this platform to book anything for myself, even if I am planning a trip.

Being constantly dumped back to the guest section is incredibly annoying. It takes me there every time I finish writing a review.

I'm just disappointed that on Windows aka laptop/desktop, we are no able to select multiple dates in a row ,in the calendar to either change pricing and block or make dates available! 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Jose5045 

I noticed that too, thought I was doing something wrong, thanks for mentioning that.

It’s really annoying.

It works for me at least on a Mac. 

@Jose5045 @Brian2036 I can still do that. Must be a glitch of some sort for you. Those are always rampant any time they make changes like this.

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10, and that feature was taken away maybe a week to 2 weeks ago during an update. Remember couldn't do that in my phone, then they made it universal, now it's just thru the phone app! 

@Jose5045  I was able to block multiple days in the monthly calendar today on the desktop, Windows, Chrome.

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

I logged in just so I could reply: The fact that Listings are buried under More in the menu is ludicrous!!!