There's a problem with lakefront properties not showing up in some areas

Guillaume650
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

There's a problem with lakefront properties not showing up in some areas

So I was looking around my area and beyond using the "Lakefront" category filter (and no other filter) and I noticed that the area around my property and 100kms in every direction from my property, there is not a single property available. It literally says:

No exact matches
Try changing or removing some of your filters or adjusting your search area.

Now, my property and the 100kms area surrounding it is cottage country and 25% of the listings are waterfront/lakefront properties.

If I move over about 150kms to the right or to the left, I finally begin to see some properties.

Now, my property also happens to be a lakefront/waterfront property and naturally, it's selected in the amenities section. I checked a lot of other properties that were lakefront/waterfront in that same area (the obvious ones where the picture shows it's waterfront) and they have waterfront selected in their amenities as well (naturally) but their properties don't show up either (AirBnB literally tells me there's not a single available property).

So yeah, there seems to be a dead spot lol. I have no other way to explain it. AirBnB's algorithm seems to be really poor.

I have screenshots available but I don't seem to have permission to upload images.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Guillaume650 

Your account does not show an active listing, so you can not be found anyway.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/21081300

Nick2477
Level 2
Guelph, Canada

Has this issue been fixed? I have the same issue. It’s a lakefront cottage, pin is on the lake, lake has always been in multiple photo descriptions yet I noticed my listing doesn’t make the “Lakefront” category for some reason. Huge issue considering everyone wants lakefront in cottage country