Tip of the Week 15: How to reduce plastic consumption in your listing

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Tip of the Week 15: How to reduce plastic consumption in your listing

Hey everyone! 

This week's tip comes from our wonderful Host Advisory Board member @Felicity11. She shares some tips on ways to reduce plastic consumption in her listing. By doing so, it illustrates to guests that she is eco-conscious and is taking practical steps to cut down on plastic waste 🗑

@Felicity11  says “I realized, as a sustainable Host, I can show guests that I care about reducing the amount of plastic waste in the world by taking a number of steps to reduce plastic in our listings…When upgrading items in my Airbnb, I consider looking for items that are not made of plastic and ways to reduce plastic consumption. ** Some items I like to consider are: blankets made from natural fibres such as wool/cotton, metal clothes pegs over plastic pegs  and cane/wicker laundry basket over plastic”

Are there any steps you take to reduce plastic consumption in your listing? Please share your advice in the comments below.

We’re looking forward to hearing everyone’s tips and tricks. Remember to give a thumbs up 👍 to the best tips shared 😊

**Quote from original post edited and condensed by Community Manager

👉 TOTW series

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

5 Replies 5
Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

ooh so many ways to reduce plastic waste - here are some photos that may inspire you!!  

Plastic blankets and pegs be gone..

choose a cane or wicker basket over a plastic basketchoose a cane or wicker basket over a plastic basket

Choosing metal clothes pegs over plastic pegsChoosing metal clothes pegs over plastic pegs

Plastic tea bag, paper tea bag, loose tea.Plastic tea bag, paper tea bag, loose tea.

Plastic blankets vs Choosing blankets made from natural fibres such as wool/cottonPlastic blankets vs Choosing blankets made from natural fibres such as wool/cottonIMG_4066.jpg
Choosing a wooden/metal coat hanger over plasticChoosing a wooden/metal coat hanger over plastic

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

These photos have definitely inspired me! Thank you for sharing @Felicity11💡

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

Hi @Sophia  that is great to hear!  There are so many little ways we can reduce our plastic use with every purchase we make!

Lizbeth17
Level 2
Goleta, CA

We have glass dishes in our studio and  flatware is not plastic. We put in glass shower doors rather than plastic. I did put in cloth bags for a while for shopping instead of phasing them buy plastic bags but no one seemed to use them.  I may consider now putting a bit of literature on “4ocean” which is a place to donate to a get a bracelet. We are on the Coast of CA. Thx of the ideas.

4ocean folks cleans up the trash in the Ocean. It’s incredible!!