Trip duration bug in new version

Answered!
Rama263
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Trip duration bug in new version

I started to use the new version of Airbnb few days ago.

What I immediately noticed was the removal of trip  length setting from calendar view.

Before I could click on any date on calendar and select the price or set a custom trip length.

It seems this have been removed and now the only way to do so is to go to setting and availability and choose you start and end date and set minimum stay for this specific bracket, which is very hard to do so compare to old way on doing it, but anyway at least it can be done, or maybe NOT!

Because what I noticed is regardless of what trip lenght I choose, when I try to search for these dates as a guest who wants to book, the trip length is still what I had last on the old version before I switch.

For instance, I used to set weekends for a minimum of 3 days trip length and when the time was getting close, I would reduce it to two nights, and I always would get 2 nights booking for weekends.

Now I have a weekend without booking and I can not change the trip length to 2 nights as it is stuck on 3 nights (which I last set before switching to new version)

Obviously I tried to set a custom trip length for the same dates hoping it might overwrite the setting, and also tried to set minimum stay trip length for all booking to one night and removed all custom trip lengths (and yes I saved it after) , but it seems whatever I do the old setting is stuck somewhere and overrides whatever setting I add in new version. The custom trip length will apply correctly to the dates which had no custom trip length in the old version of Airbnb, but can not overwrite the dates which previously had a custom setting on old version.

1 Best Answer

@Bianca658 Yes…this has been an ongoing issue with the new release. Looks like the only way to override previous settings and create new ones (for now) is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display (lots of other posts about this issue).

Here is a link to the Community Guide that was created to help Hosts resolve this. It has step-by-step instructions and screen shots. 

Let us know if it works for you!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Rama263 ! Perhaps you can solve this by switching on professional hosting tools and using rulesets explained here: https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/2061

You can find more about professional hosting tools here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Rama263
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thanks. But that is not relevant.  There is no rules preset at all and the bug was still there. The problem solved by customer service which they confirmed the bug and were able to access the old rules which no longer visible or accessible by me anywhere in UI, and removed them.

This does not help

Ersin15
Level 2
Çeşme, Türkiye

Hello,

Is this problem solved? I'm having the same problem, I was just wondering.

Ersin

Rama263
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Ersin15 . After few unhelpful calls the customer service accessed somewhere and found the rules and removed them. Apparently I had no access to view these old rules after update. So yes it was a bug. Give customer service a call. Please note you have to give them individual dates and then they can click and see what rules are set for that date. They can not see a list of old rules. 

Thank you for your answer 🙏

Ersin

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ersin15 ,

Did you happen to reach out to Airbnb Customer Support for further assistance? Do keep us updated in case you need any help.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Yes. Airbnb Customer Support strives to help. But I think this is a problem a lot of homeowners around the world are having this problem. I hope it is resolved quickly.

Thanks

Ersin

@Ersin15 Yes…this has been an ongoing issue with the new release. Looks like the only way to override previous settings and create new ones (for now) is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display (lots of other posts about this issue).

Here is a link to the Community Guide that was created to help Hosts resolve this. It has step-by-step instructions and screen shots. 

Let us know if it works for you! It's been working so far 😊

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Alex10271
Level 2
Tampere, Finland

Hopefully Airbnb is really putting some effort to fix this bug. We are stuck on min three days stay so we are losing income since weekend reservations , Fri to Sun, is not possible at the moment. Already contact support but no success yet in fixing the issue.

@Alex10271 Yes…this has been an ongoing issue with the new release. Looks like the only way to override previous settings and create new ones (for now) is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display (lots of other posts about this issue).

Let us know if it works for you! It's been working so far 😊

Bianca658
Level 1
Elwood, Australia

Thank you so much for this. I have been struggling with the same problem for a week now and have had 4 different AirBnB support people look into it and no one seems to be able to fix it. Now I know what the underlying issue is we might have more luck. Thank you again for sharing this.

@Bianca658 Yes…this has been an ongoing issue with the new release. Looks like the only way to override previous settings and create new ones (for now) is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display (lots of other posts about this issue).

Let us know if it works for you!

It worked!!! Thanks again, I really appreciate it. 🙂