Under investigation after guest caused damage to property and lied about our permission to access apartment

Sal-and-Rob0
Level 2
Wagga Wagga, Australia

Under investigation after guest caused damage to property and lied about our permission to access apartment

We are super host for almost 2 years now and never had a bad review. Recently a guest stayed with pets despite our strict no pet policy. After a complaint we went to investigate and 3 dogs were in the property.  We rang  the employee twice and guess twice and knocked on the door I’ve  tv 30 minutes. 3 dogs were barking and scratching at the door. We were highly concerned about the dogs causing damage. We opened the screen door to investigate. A female then answered the door and allowed us to access the property with consent. Furniture was chewed and soiled  by the dogs. Now the guest has put a complaint and we are under investigation and have restricted access to our account because the guest wants to be reimbursed. 

we have worked so hard to make our space a safe and friendly place to stay and now because of one guest with arrogance and disrespect for our apartment with face the risk of our account being closed dispite clear strong evidence sent to the resolution department. I’m a nurse and my husband works with youth and advocacy and safety is a core principle of who we are, but yet some can send through a complaint and it’s our word against there’s.  We are at a loss of what to do now  as despite numerous attempts to the resolution centre we can’t be put through to the appropriate person. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Reply 1
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Sal-and-Rob0 

I'm so sorry to hear that this situation is still ongoing. I just wanted to let you know that although we are not customer support, I have raised your post here with the relevant team who can hopefully get in touch with you soon.

I also saw that @Helen3 had asked some questions on your previous post. Sharing experiences here on the CC can really help other Hosts get some first-hand accounts when these issues arise, so if you are willing to share, we'd be happy to read an updates you have later on. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines