Unfair Removal of Listing with 4.78 rating 228 reviews

Arithra0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Unfair Removal of Listing with 4.78 rating 228 reviews

On August 3rd, I received a notification from Airbnb that my listing was being removed due to repeated issues related to air-conditioning malfunction. I appealed the case and was asked for additional documentation regarding the AC repair. I submitted the repair invoices by August 6th.  However, I received no further communication from them.

On August 17th, I got an email saying that since I did not submit the requested documentation, they have closed the appeal and are moving forward with removing the listing. I tried calling and emailing them, but they always answered, "We uphold our decision." I am attaching the screenshots of my communication with airbnb support staff to showcase how much of a bureaucratic mess Airbnb support has become and refuses to give any real support to a super host. 

I have been a super host consistently for 4 years without fail and have operated 8 units in the same building. We are supposed to receive priority support for any issues, but it seems like that is not the case. I have consistently hosted thousands of guests with nearly equal numbers of 5-star reviews. The listing being removed has a rating of 4.78 and 228 guest reviews. 

I urge a community member to please help my case and not remove this listing unfairly due to a failure of airbnb support to see my emails on time. @Bhumika 

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that it is not allowed to share Airbnb investigation and private conversations]

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Arithra0 , I'm sorry to hear of your listing issues! I visited your Host profile and noticed that you have multiple listings. And most of the listings look active. Was this eventually resolved for you?

Keep us posted if there are any updates to the issue!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines