Unlisting my property for 3 to 6 months does it affect my reviews?

Mike2419
Level 2
Hayward, CA

Unlisting my property for 3 to 6 months does it affect my reviews?

Hi there, I'm planning to unlist one of my properties for 3 to 6 months, and it has 96 reviews. I was wondering if I do that, will my review disappear?

15 Replies 15
Melanie318
Level 10
Interlochen, MI

Don't un-list it - just go in and block the dates for the amount of time - as though it was sold. Then the account isn't affected and you don't risk at losing anything. 

Love it!! Thank you for the advice.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mike2419 The reviews will always stay on your account. To keep them on the listing you should snooze it rather than delete it

Got it !!

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Mike2419 

Your past reviews will stay as the other hosts have said, but it may affect your superhost status if you don't meet the target of enough stays in that particular cycle. This will, however, be temporary and you can return to superhost in the first review period when you are back to capacity.

I did not know about this. Thank you for explaining it.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Unlisting is fine, it doesn't remove any reviews. If you delete the listing, then the listing will be gone, but that shouldn't be confused with unlisting.

Disclaimer: I have not personally tried to unlist for extended periods of time. What I have done is unlist and then relist later in a short span of time. 

Got it 😃

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Mike2419  Your listing will maintain its reviews however you can expect it to be slow to get bookings once you unsnooze it. 
I snoozed mine for a little over a month due to the pool being re tiled. I have unsnoozed it for awhile now and no bookings 😔
I am sure it will pick up again just not sure when. 

Karen
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Karen114,

In your situation, do you think it would have been better for the listing to remain active and block the dates on the calendar?

@Debra300  In hindsight yes probably. The issue was the repair was taking place in Mexico so there was no telling when it would be done lol. So to err on the side of caution I snoozed it until I saw the pool was done. If I had just blocked dates for a month and someone booked and it wasn’t done I didn’t want to deal with that fall out. 

Karen

I guess it take time since listing don't bring money to Airbnb 

Miki5
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Mike2419 I wouldn't unlist, just block dates or snooze your listing. Then plan your come-back at a busy period. 

Hi @Mike2419 

I de- listed my property and lost 104 reviews!  I printed them out before I de-listed  my account. They do not offer a way to download them or save them.   I would just block the dates you don’t want to have booked rather than de- list.  They will still penalize you for keeping your property off the listings,  but you won’t lose any reviews. 

Good Luck 

Steve Becker