Updating wifi password

Answered!
Jon3511
Level 2
Circleville, OH

Updating wifi password

Hello,

I'm having trouble updating the WIFI password for our listing on Airbnb (website not app). I found where it shows the password (under listing, info for guests & arrival details) but there is no option to edit. Is there another section I should be searching under? 

1 Best Answer
Jake611
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

In the current design of the Airbnb website (as of July 2024), your WiFi password and network name can be entered in the Arrival Guide section.

Here's a screenshot:

Add your property wifi network and passwordAdd your property wifi network and password

The URL is as follows - just change 123456 to whatever the ID of your listing is:

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/listings/editor/123456/arrival/wifi-details

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jon3511 

Should be "edit" at right side of the screen:

Emiel1_0-1644429392716.png

That's what I thought but my screen has no option for "Edit." Are you using a desktop or the app? 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Jon3511 

Desktop.

Are "edit" options also missing in other sections of the same page, like the "post-booking details", "pre-booking details" etc.  ?  

Yes, all options for editing are missing on that page. I've been trying to rack my brain but have been unsuccessful in figuring out the issue this far. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Jon3511 

Maybe the zooming of your browser or screen display settings  protects displaying the "edit" option at the far right side of the screen (so it is there, but not visible) ?

No such luck. I adjusted the screen & tried zooming in & out but nothing worked. It's just not there (it's really odd). 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Jon3511 

The only suggestion left i can think of is:

Log out from Airbnb, clear all cache and cookies in the browser and start with a "fresh" session. Or use another browser to check if problem persists. Or even try another desktop/laptop.

I will give those a shot. I will let you know if it works. Thanks for all the suggestions. 

So, I tried clearing everything  & opened up Airbnb in another browser but still no luck. If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know how you fixed it. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jon3511  Are you able to edit any other pages of your listing?  If so, change a word here or there, hit save and then go to the location of the wifi password and see if the edit link has appeared.

@Lorna170 I've tried this method too & it did not work. Is there a specific pathway I should be looking for the "edit" button? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.. I'm really not understanding why there is no option for "edit." I sent a message to support on Monday but have not heard from anyone yet. 

Jon3511
Level 2
Circleville, OH

grayed out.pngWifi update.pngThis is the page that I go to & try to update the WIFI. There is no option for "edit" on this section, "info for guests." I've attached some pictures of what the screen looks like. Hopefully someone out there can help me resolve this issue. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Jon3511 

This is a strange issue.

So some more (weird) suggestions:

- Your first screen shows the options to change are all there .They are clickable icons Are you also able to change them ?

Your second screen does not show the "edit" (which is a text-link). But.... maybe it is there, but only  not visible. If you move the mouse to the spot the "edit" textlink normally is, does mousepointer change into a "clickable" link ?

The first screenshot where it shows the clickable icons, is grayed out. They are unclickable. 

The second screenshot. I've tried everything but a rain dance so far. lol. I'm really confused on why this is so hard to fix.  

As of right now, I'm just telling our guests the code after the booking is confirmed. I also have a laminated form with the code, in each of the rooms. I just want to update the site to reflect the update.