Updating wifi password

Answered!
Jon3511
Level 2
Circleville, OH

Updating wifi password

Hello,

I'm having trouble updating the WIFI password for our listing on Airbnb (website not app). I found where it shows the password (under listing, info for guests & arrival details) but there is no option to edit. Is there another section I should be searching under? 

1 Best Answer
Jake611
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

In the current design of the Airbnb website (as of July 2024), your WiFi password and network name can be entered in the Arrival Guide section.

Here's a screenshot:

Add your property wifi network and passwordAdd your property wifi network and password

The URL is as follows - just change 123456 to whatever the ID of your listing is:

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/listings/editor/123456/arrival/wifi-details

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24

I'm having the same issue...it seems so obvious but I've done everything to reset the page and I'm unable to edit those details.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jon3511  If you cannot click on greyed out icons in the previous section, it means that there is a change that has not been registered as saved or abandoned.  You may need to go all the way back to the very first section of your advertisement and check each area until you are able to start editing either text or icons.  It sounds stupid....

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jon3511 ! This is very strange indeed. I would've suggested some troubleshooting but it seems like @Emiel1 already covered everything I can think of. I'm sending this to the team and hopefully we can get a quick solution for you! I'll keep you updated. 😃

In the meantime you could try what @Lorna170 suggested.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe Thank you for sending this off to the team. I really appreciate the feedback from the Airbnb community. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Jon3511 I received an update with a suggestion!

Could it be that you're using a 3rd party software for listing management? Some of these softwares can be used to manage your entire listing and your listing would automatically update with the information you entered in the software.

It can be that the option to edit your page doesn't appear when you're using these softwares, so if you are using one of these you could try to update it there and it should automatically update on your listing as well.

Let us know if that works! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe We do use a 3rd party software (littlehotelier). I will look into this & let you know if it was the fix I was looking for. 

Not sure if you figured it out but I finally did. I use Guesty and there was no way to edit wifi details in Guesty either. But if you go to your hosting page dashboard, click listings in the top menu, click the checkbox next to the relevant listing, scroll down to listing details, click sync settings, and click "only sync pricing and availability. Then you can edit whatever you want and then repeat those steps to put it back to syncing everything (if you want to). I hope this helps!

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Jon3511  The wifi password is something that a guest would need only upon arrival at your property. I'm failing to understand the extent to which you are going to change this. When a guest walks in your door and sees the information at your property, there wouldn't be any need to refer back to the AirBnB website, where you are trying to change this. They don't need it prior to arrival, so why spend the time? 

I have my wifi password written in my house binder, which serves the purpose of making them look at the binder, so win-win in my book. 

I understand that the AirBnB website can be glitchy and frustrating, but you've got an easy solution here. Of all the things they DO need to know prior to arrival, the wifi password isn't one of them. 

Good luck. 

@Kia272 You would think that everyone would see the information that is left in the room but we still get messages about the WIFI code. I'm just trying to have the information notated in any spot available for our guests to prevent any negative feedback. Thank you for your input. 

Jake611
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

In the current design of the Airbnb website (as of July 2024), your WiFi password and network name can be entered in the Arrival Guide section.

Here's a screenshot:

Add your property wifi network and passwordAdd your property wifi network and password

The URL is as follows - just change 123456 to whatever the ID of your listing is:

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/listings/editor/123456/arrival/wifi-details