Verification of multiple listings

Verification of multiple listings

Are any other hosts unhappy about the requirement to verify their listings in person? We have about 40 listings currently and it is a massive waste of time as most of them have had guests come and go for months. If anyone else is dissatisfied please reply so we can let them know.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jean-Francois-GemStay0 Verification took us about 5 minutes. Its a small price to pay for giving confidence to guests that the listings are real. I am sure if you ask your guests to allow you to pop in for 5 mins they will generally be accommodating.

Hello Mike-And-JaneO, I am reaching out in the hope that you may be able to help.   I Have been trying for weeks to work with the AIRBNB support team to help me verify my properties.   While understanding their reasons for the verifications, it seems Airbnb have not communicated with their support teams the process as i get different conflicting answers from each of the supports.  I am desperate for help.   I have uploaded videos 3 times in total and they have been rejected (some my fault).   My problem now is trying to get a code for each of the properties.   How did you get your code.   The first one they sent by email, but  now they are saying I have to remove all of my listings (that also means all of the bookings will be cancelled) wait 2 weeks load again and they will post a code to the properties letterbox  within 2 weeks and then i have to reload the listings again.   All of the bookings in the meantime have been cancelled.   Can you help??   Many thanks Regards Liz

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth3563 👋

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center!

I'm tagging @Mike-And-Jane0  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth3563 I totally get your frustration and the Airbnb solution is just mad. Perhaps @Rebecca could ask Airbnb to re-look at your case and come up with a more sensible solution. All we had to do was take pictures similar to those we used in the listing. I hadn't quite understood this so failed the first time with the external photo which could have required us to climb the bell tower of the local church which is technically not allowed. The original photos were taken when I was up their cleaning the gutters out (which is allowed after a risk assessment).

Sorry I can't help further other than to make sure your phone allows location sharing which might be important in the verification.