Waiting for payouts via Payoneer

Answered!

Waiting for payouts via Payoneer

We have not been paid by Airbnb or Payoneer for three bookings, two have been completed and a longer one is in progress.   We have contacted Payoneer who have lied to us - said two payments for two separate bookings were combined in one payment and paid despite their information and information from Airbnb stating that separate payments were paid.  

We have NOT received either payment and Airbnb refuse to do anything saying it is not their problem and Payoneer lying to us and saying it must be our bank's problem - its not because we have checked.   Payoneer have paid us earlier this month for other bookings so they have our correct bank account details.

Does anyone have any advice for how we solve this?   We are now owed $1050 and our guests have paid Airbnb but Airbnb or their contracted payer Payoneer have not paid us.   We view this as theft - but Airbnb despite saying they offer support for hosts refuse to do a thing.

Sue & Evan **

*title updated

1 Best Answer

@Sue340 - Airbnb is an American company so you would need to contact someone in the US.  There are multiple ways to contact them.  Use the Tips and Tutorials  discussion room to find the "How to Contact Airbnb" or use the search engine here to find it.  There is a toll-free phone number in that document.  

Personally I'm not sure what you expect Airbnb to do based on an error from Payoneer?  They do not own that company, are not affiliated with that company,  and offer it's services as a choice to you for receiving your payouts. You have multiple options for being paid, you've chosen one that provided you with the most return on your finances but seems to be lacking in customer service.  It does sound like Payoneer is actually working on the problem.  

What kind of "follow up" are you expecting from Airbnb?  They have processed your payment and sent it to your selected financial institution and, I'm assuming, that they have verified that the monies were accepted by Payoneer.  

Are you saying that Airbnb combined the monies to send one lump sum or did Payoneer load your card once with the total distribution from Airbnb?  Those would be two different problems.  If  you could provide clarity, then perhaps we could help resolve this with you.  Again, I'm assuming that in your transaction history it shows 2 payouts for the 2 different reservations.  Is there something in your service agreement with Payoneer on a minimum that must be met before a payment is processed?  I ask because Western Union users were able to do this to minimize transaction fees.  

While it is clear that you are frustrated and unhappy, rest assured that cancelling all your remaining reservations will only net you more disappointment as you will be fined for each one.  As someone who has been an Airbnb member since 2015 and a host for at least 76 reviews, payment could not have been an issue all this time or else you would have stopped by now.  Hopefully you get it resolved quickly and if we, as fellow hosts, can try to help, I'm sure we will (Airbnb doesn't read these posts, so a threat to go to the media is lost).  

View Best Answer in original post

50 Replies 50

Airbnb owe me bits and pieces since they went on the card system , i have tried getting it from them but always come up against a brick wall  but always come up againct a stone wall .My numberis    083  4351518 . I will give this 7 days and then its up the steps of the high courtwe go 

Tracey286
Level 1
Gisborne, New Zealand

Im having problems not receiving my hosting payout from air bnb. Its been nearly 2 weeks now. My bank said no $$ received however air bnb said it was sent. They're taking too long to investigate. Its going to a nz bank account number. Is it best to go to payoneer with the transaction number?

Hi Tracey,

I m in the same situation. Airbnb just said that payment is completed on their side and just send me email of Payoneer to contact by myself and investigate. No reply so far from Payoneer. Anyway, Airbnb should be responsible for the payment of the bookings confirmed through their website. 

Mark4065
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

@Eric175 I totally agree - Airbnb should be accountable! We didnt opt to use Payoneer.

Mark4065
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

@Sue340 We have the same issue on our hands now. We have not received a large payout from a Dec booking. Airbnb has released payment but it doesnt reflect in our bank account. We have contact our bank who claim they cannot do anything and we have tried to contact Airbnb with numerous support tickets - they have emailed and called us back but keep passing us on "to someone else who can help" but the issue never gets resolved and is going around in circles and is highly frustrating. We used to use Paypal then something changed on the system and we have to upload our banking details. I dont recall actively opting to use Payoneer? I didnt even know who they are! Our one December booking was received but not the other, so the account set up is correct.
We have another upcoming booking which I fear we may not receive monies for either, based on this?
Any advice?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Mark4065 , I'm sorry to hear about this! Have you checked your PayPal account already, perhaps the missing payout went there instead?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Gareth239
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

@Mark4065 Did this get sorted out ? I am having 3 payments from 2 weeks ago with exactly the same issue. I have just been told to email payoneer who have never responded?

Same thing currently happening to myself after 6 years superhost and over 900 stays 😞 One large payment not delivered and absolutely hopeless support from airbnb..

Lyndi7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I am having the same issue. Have you managed to resolve it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Lyndi7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Gareth, 

I am having the same issue. Have you managed to resolve it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Lyndi7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Mark,

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lyndi7 ,

Since you commented on an older thread, I just wanted to ask if you can elaborate more about your concern.

Please feel free to @ and tag me, so that I can notice, just in case you respond.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lyndi7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I’ve been hounding Airbnb since 30 Jan for a payment, I was explicitly told that it was concluded and even had a proof of payment sent to to to enquire with the bank. Thereafter Payoneer says they canceled the payment because they couldn’t verify the payment yet my bank does agree. I’ve spent over 2 hours a day for 14 days calling multiple people at Airbnb and being told 24 hours you’ll be paid, you’ve been paid, you haven’t been paid. Phoning, begging to speak to supervisors, having the line cut off deliberately. Having my message threads “closed” by airbnb as if they are revolved. So some more calls later I’m back in the rabbit hole again, payoneer and airbnb telling me “ask the bank”… then eventually after being told I have definitely received payment and have been sent a proof of payment, Payoneer tells me today (14 days later after being pushed to pillar and post) that they couldn’t verify my bank (even though all the details are correct) and they sent the money back to Airbnb. Then airbnb messages me today stating they have fixed all the issues but when I go to my payment section it still now states “cannot process payments”. I’ve literally begged airbnb to take my matter seriously explaining how I’ve been reliant on the funds and everyone has a different story; your calls are recorded and surely there is a track of all my messages - this has honestly been the most unprofessional experience I’ve ever been through. I am absolutely at a loss. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lyndi7 ,

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I understand that money matters are important and it must have been extremely stressful for you.

I have raised your issue to the related team as well, if they can address it again and provide you with some communication.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rubin23
Level 2
Singaperumal Koil, India

I'm having the same Issue... Were you able to solve it?

I've contacted 40+ Support Ambassadors over the span on 3 months... I've even contacted Payoneer but absolutely nothing...