We are fairly new to AirBNB and want to ask for advise about our listing

Liz6313
Level 2
Umina Beach, Australia

We are fairly new to AirBNB and want to ask for advise about our listing

Please take a look and give any advice you're able so we can improve our listing.

We can't find any local hosting group around this area (Central Coast, NSW, AUSTRALIA)

love to find some kindred spirits.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/hosting/listings/editor/1047923787836744614/view-your-space 

Thank you

4 Replies 4
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Liz6313,

I'm going to tag some Hosts in that may be able to provide you with some advice. 

@Paula2563@Jason2389 and @Patricia3721 - would you be able to provide some constructive feedback for @Liz6313

I can't wait to see the replies. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Julie5882
Level 3
Tiverton, RI

Hi @Liz6313 

It looks like you’ve got a beautiful spot with lush surroundings there. Bravo!

I always suggest professional photos in order to get the best product for your marketing.  A couple hundred dollars could go a long way in that regard. Speaking of photos, I would leave out the multiple pictures of pots, pans, utensils, grill food, and random decor. And throw some wood in that fire pit for pictures 😉

I would recommend a bunk bed or two in the double room with the kids books. Probably add a portable crib and booster seat to the closet in that room to make the home even more kid friendly.

This is a beautifully designed rental! Get those professional pictures to show it off to it’s full potential!

Best of luck!

Julie

Julie S. Jenkins
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

@Liz6313 In general, I believe you've done an amazing job, especially considering this is your first property. I appreciate the attention to detail, the quality of the pictures, the provided information, and the inclusion of the map with the "you are here" feature. The photos of the healthy food restaurant are particularly appealing to me; overall, I admire the effort.

However, I wouldn't personally select this house for myself. It feels so intricately detailed and personal that I would sense I'm intruding into someone's private space. Unlike in a hotel where the atmosphere is more detached, here it seems like I'm entering a space that's not quite a home away from home. I would suggest minimalizing a bit by cleaning up and removing some personal items to create a more welcoming space for guests.

I found the toy cabinet, overloaded bookshelves, and packed kitchen drawers to be a bit overwhelming. It's just too much, and I'd feel uncomfortable in such a setting.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Liz6313 👋 

Did any of the answers below support you in making some positive changes to your listing? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines