What are your tips for attracting guests who best fit your listing?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

What are your tips for attracting guests who best fit your listing?

AirbnbTipsForAttractingGuests.jpg

Hey everyone 👋

I hope you're all doing well and settling in to the New Year! It's nearly been a month since I started and I wanted to take a moment to appreciate the unique spaces you offer on Airbnb. 😍

Your listings are truly special, with remarkable features designed to cater to the preferences of specific guests. Whether it's a peaceful rural retreat or a vibrant city haven, there's something for everyone and so I’d love to hear about how you make your listings shine and capture the attention of potential guests. 

What strategies have you found successful in attracting guests who love your space? 

I'm excited to hear your thoughts, experiences and ideas! Don’t be afraid to share photos of what makes your space amazing too! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

9 Replies 9
Valda35
Level 2
Bridgetown, Barbados

Hi @Rebecca, I am new to Airbnb, four months. Still learning. My space is 2 bedroom apartment fully furnished with kitchenette, living room, verandah, and a side deck. Originally for my daughter as she entered her 'adult' age. My strategy is therefore to make my guests feel Cozy and Comfortable', which I use as its 'name' on Airbnb. I hope that guests feel cozy and comfortable through my interactions (not intrusive), furnishings and the 'feel' of my space. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Valda35 👋

Thank you so much for stopping by! Welcome to Airbnb and congratulations on your new hosting journey.

It sounds like you have a lovely space with all the necessary amenities to make your guests feel cozy and comfortable.  How has your hosting experience been so far? 😊

-----

Highlight the pros to the guests without leaving out the possible cons. When a guest leaves helpful feedback or I receive a critical review about our location, I update my listing’s description to ensure our guests know exactly where they will be staying, which is at a former boys’ camp, miles from any grocery store in a wild land preserve. I then describe the abundant natural wonders and beauty around us.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Terrie-Ann-And-Thomas0 👋

That's a really great initiative to ensure your listing is clear based on your guest feedback. Is there anything that you've changed recently that was really important? 

-----

@Rebecca 

I refer to myself as  a  brain picke haha   but I transitioned  from  mostly tourists and STR rentals in Hawaii to  business longer rentals in Arizona.  My Guests have  given  me  so much good suggestions,  that weren't crazy  lol,. and they love when they come back and I added something they suggested.   II also  note the negatives and the positives in reviews,  to make sure I  highlight   what a  good guest liked to  encourage others similar..

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marie8425 👋

Always lovely to have you here, even if you do describe yourself as a brain pickle lol! 😂

I think that noting the positives and negatives in reviews is a smart approach to highlight what guests enjoyed and make improvements where needed. Have you noticed any specific trends or common suggestions from your guests?

Keep up the great work! 🙌

-----

@Rebecca

Oh yes  Just like we Hosts want Airbnb to listen to us who  really know, I though not alway easy lol, try and do that  with my guests.

I have been transitioning from multiple 1 week couples enjoying the islands in Hawaii  to middle age men staying 6 or 8  weeks working in Arizona  were start   times of 44 am are usual.. haha

I have had the very negative about a house rule. I step back from my irritation, do   I still think the right rule?

If I do, then honestly obviously though I thought clearly stated though other guests understood, he wasn't an idiot.  Either I wasn't clear or I did not sound firm in my decision so he came knowingly to break my rule.  I look at my wording and because nothing is a guarantee, when it happens again how do I lower displaying my irritation which will lower the guests  defensive reaction?

On the positives  was like something my husband and I just do. the culture of Hawaii, everyone is Ohana or Family.  That isn't the general culture in Buckeye AZ and that is a big plus when you are staying a long time.  They also gave me a lot of good input on furniture  desires long term and pricing desires.  They love when they come back and I introduce them to other  guests as the idea person of a sitting chair in the rooms.  lol

Terese34
Level 2
Seattle, WA

@Rebecca My STR space doubles as an art gallery, with an 'artist retreat' vibe, so I engage with local arts orgs, shops & cafes to connect their offerings and traveling associates to my space and connect my guests to them.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Terese34 👋 👨‍🎨

It's wonderful to hear that you actively engage with local arts organisations, shops, and cafes! . How has this collaboration been working for you? Have you noticed any positive impacts on your guests' experiences or any specific partnerships that have stood out?

You're very welcome to share some pictures of your space. There was also a couple of threads you might interested in commenting on and sharing your experiences: 

🎨 Art on the wall 

🎨 Do you use artwork in your listing? Show us! ‌🎨‌  

Keep up the great work in creating a unique and artistic atmosphere for your guests! 😍

-----