What happens to my current reservation if I cancel my account?

Shannon1100
Level 1
Denver, CO

What happens to my current reservation if I cancel my account?

Hi there-

I am dealing with a property manager that is a fraud, so I need to cancel the account that she has access to. I have a current guest but no future reservations. Can I cancel my account and still finish out with my current guest without disturbing them? Or will cancelling my account before their checkout provide further inconveniences? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

@Shannon1100 Cancelling booked guests is a big deal.  I think you need to spend some more time and call airbnb support to get help on this!

Your current guest, already in the space, will I suppose finish his stay?  You had a contractual agreement thru airbnb with your property manager as a co-host?

I would recommend making a download of your current reservation info so you have the phone numbers of all your future reservations.

I don’t have any more guests booked and don’t intend to cancel this booking either. My question is that if I cancel the airbnb profile before my last guest finishes her stay, will my guest be negatively impacted or will the reservation be able to carry out normally? Thanks for your input!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Shannon1100 I fear you won't get paid if you cancel your account. Also if you do cancel it I don't think Airbnb will allow you to create a new one unless you change your phone number, credit card, email address and possibly social security/tax number (the latter being impossible of course).

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Mike-And-Jane0,

It's not very difficult to set up a new legitimate ABB account.  In regards to taxes, a registered business can have its own Tax ID Number (TIN) than the business owner's Social Security Number (SSN).  All of the other items you mentioned are very easy to get, and it's simple to maintain them separately from personal accounts.  For example, many new mobile phones have e-sims and a physical sim tray so two phone numbers and two Whatsapp apps can be on one handset.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Shannon1100 👋

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering whether you managed to get a resolution to your question? It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what the resolution was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines