What is the ideal check-out time for your listing?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What is the ideal check-out time for your listing?

check out 2.jpg

Hello everyone! 😊

Check-in and check-out times are essential for providing our guests with an outstanding experience. In fact, some travelers choose our accommodations specifically because the timing aligns with their needs.

What check-out time do you offer? Are you flexible with this schedule? Have you made any adjustments based on guest feedback?

We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! What do you consider the best check-out time, and why?

Warm regards! 🦋

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

47 Replies 47
Jack2469
Level 2
Roswell, GA

My rental is on Hilton Head Island.  Check-out time is 10:00a.  The reasoning is that cleaning companies require a 10:00a to 4:00p window to get all their units cleaned.  Once cleaned, I receive an email from the cleaning company that the task is complete.  If early in the day, I typically advise the incoming guests by email that they can check in earlier.

Jack

Elisa3228
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

Hello😊, check in is at 15:00 and check out 11:00 i saw that it is better for guets 

Hajra5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

11 am .. in London  it’s a very standard  time but if my guests  need some more time I normally allow them 

Faith-Allego0
Level 1
Wauchula, FL

12 pm

Erjon8
Level 1
Qormi, Malta

Best time for check in / check out 

15:00 / 11:00

i see this suites the guest and hosts best

From the perspective of the guest, best check-in time is as early as possible. Best check-out time is as late as possible.

Anyways, I'm rolling with 6PM check-in and 1PM check-out at the moment. I get a lot of requests for early check-in, but that's normal. No matter how early your check-in is, you will still get such requests. 

Advantage of 6PM check-in should be pretty obvious. If you get off work at 5PM, and can get home quickly, you can actually handle the cleaning yourself without issues. Ie. no need for a cleaning crew. 

@Zheng49  "From the perspective of the guest, best check-in time is as early as possible. Best check-out time is as late as possible." 

I've never heard of 6 pm, but it makes sense now. 

12 pm

Ideal for guest: depends on the guest!

Ideal for host: depends on the host needs...for me 1PM check-out works for me because we have late check-in as well. I also understand some guests like to sleep in!

Janet1584
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

10am is ok for check out to allow cleaning on time

Francine319
Level 2
Pleasant Valley, NY

11am, but flexible.

Hi,I use 11 a m.but ,if requested ,they can stay longer,it's flexible

Felicia193
Level 2
Oak Park, IL

Our check out time is 11 and we never had a problem with this. 

We did always have people asking us if they can check in earlier. This is dependent on Maribel who takes care of the house. 

Official check in time is 4. I asked her to notify the guests when the house is ready before 4. People usually always get a few extra hours. If the house is empty the night before, Maribel would let t hem in at 6AM...she is so kind. I had to be the mean one as usual and tell her not any earlier than. 1. 

Elizabeth3572
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

We're trying to be flexible and generous so we offer a noon checkout. We're also flexible if someone wants to stay longer; that hasn't happened yet though 😊

for my bnb check out 12:00 (latest check out happened 13:30), check in : 16: 00-21:30  (latest check in happened 22:10), in france.