What should I put in my long description?

Answered!
Eric83
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

What should I put in my long description?

I just spent two hours writing about my space.. 

And now have not been able to figure out where to put it?

I ve seen multiple postings with great, well rounded explanations of their spaces - and it inspired me to do the same..

How does one make this happen?

1 Best Answer
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

So, I too had this question, and here are my findings as a new host.

Keep that long description ready to go. Complete the rest of your listing preparation, BUT do not open any dates for the next two weeks [i.e. block them.] The final step should be adding your photos. Once the photos are loaded you will see a button that indicates you are ready for your listing to go live.

Once you have pushed that button, you will have new menu items available including "The Home Icon" --> Manage Listings --> GuestResourses-Detailed Description. Paste your copy into the available space, and then, open up the dates that you wish to rent but had blocked out before.

At this point, you will also be able to start building your Guidebook, tweak your prices [i.e. raise for big events, lower other times.]

This irritated me that I was unable to preview how _I_ wanted my listing to appear before I had agreed to publish my listing.

Hope this helps.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @Eric83, within your listing >> Guest Resources - there is a section for 'Detailed Description'. This allows you to describe your property in as much detail as you want - with fields for the space, guest access, interaction with guests and an overview of your neighbourhood/getting about.

Tammy15
Level 1
Cape Charles, VA

Where can one access this detailed description section, because it is not available whenI am setting up the listing- only a section for about 500 characters? 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

So, I too had this question, and here are my findings as a new host.

Keep that long description ready to go. Complete the rest of your listing preparation, BUT do not open any dates for the next two weeks [i.e. block them.] The final step should be adding your photos. Once the photos are loaded you will see a button that indicates you are ready for your listing to go live.

Once you have pushed that button, you will have new menu items available including "The Home Icon" --> Manage Listings --> GuestResourses-Detailed Description. Paste your copy into the available space, and then, open up the dates that you wish to rent but had blocked out before.

At this point, you will also be able to start building your Guidebook, tweak your prices [i.e. raise for big events, lower other times.]

This irritated me that I was unable to preview how _I_ wanted my listing to appear before I had agreed to publish my listing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for this!

You just saved me a ton of time!  Thanks so much.