Where do guests find the house manual?

Answered!
John2330
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Where do guests find the house manual?

So many guests asking 'where is the house manual?'  I cant see what it looks like from a guest's perspective, so I dont know how to direct them to find it.  

Anyone have some text I can paste when they cant find it? Buried deep in the airbnb listing sub-settings somewhere (why it's not front and center is a constant frustration for me and my guests).

1 Best Answer
Renee291
Level 7
Cincinnati, OH

In your listing,  it's called a "guidebook" and it's electronic, but many hosts also have a physical "house manual" in the rental with info in print.  I have an electronic guidebook that has a lot of information about area attractions and restaurants. I also have a house manual that contains written information such as how to contact me, the closest hospital, helpful info about things around the house, house rules, check out instructions, local attraction info and some paper menus. I find that not everyone likes to operate on electronic information and if there are any Wi-Fi issues such as service being down, they still have a way to access info, so the house manual is good to have. 

There is a selection to preview your listing that let's you see what others see. It's under "Where you'll be"  - show Host guidebook.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Renee291
Level 7
Cincinnati, OH

In your listing,  it's called a "guidebook" and it's electronic, but many hosts also have a physical "house manual" in the rental with info in print.  I have an electronic guidebook that has a lot of information about area attractions and restaurants. I also have a house manual that contains written information such as how to contact me, the closest hospital, helpful info about things around the house, house rules, check out instructions, local attraction info and some paper menus. I find that not everyone likes to operate on electronic information and if there are any Wi-Fi issues such as service being down, they still have a way to access info, so the house manual is good to have. 

There is a selection to preview your listing that let's you see what others see. It's under "Where you'll be"  - show Host guidebook.

Hi @Renee291 

As @Coleman12  pointed out, the Host Guidebook is different than the House Manual:

- If you are using the previous software, the House Manual is found under Info for Guests/After Booking.

- If you opted in early to the new 2023 winter release software, the House Manual is found under Arrival Guide.

House Manual.png

The guidebook is actually to showcase information about the surrounding area. I believe Airbnb emails the guest with a link to the "house manual." This is pulled directly from the description you add to your listing under Info for Guests >> After Booking >> House Manual.