“Where you’ll sleep" section – order reversed

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

“Where you’ll sleep" section – order reversed

I noticed today while looking at my listing that in the "Where you’ll sleep" section the order of the photos has been reversed: the living room with the sofa bed appears on the left and the bedroom on the right.

Please note that I have not made any changes to my listing.

I then tried to reload the photos in the "Rooms and spaces" section and unfortunately the order did not change.

Has this happened to you too?

Andrea

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/730268051591450658

52 Replies 52
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Angela1056 ! Noted the screenshots and shared it ahead. 

Thank you again!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Buongiorno @Bhumika,  @Joelle43

after almost a year (!) that I reported this bug, nothing happened! The situation is always the same, must we resign ourselves?!

Andrea

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Andrea6232 , thanks so much for tagging me here and so sorry that it's still an ongoing issue for you! I had shared a response here in this comment earlier. However, I was also wondering since @Joelle43 had shared a helpful solution here, did you give it a try again just in case?

Although I don't have more steps to share, I was wondering if you had a chance to connect with Support team as well? May be they can help better, since they might have more tools to support this technical query 😊

-----

Ciao @Bhumika, I tried everything but without success 😔

Ciao @Andrea6232 @Bhumika 

I went onto your lovely listing and see that in the Where you'll sleep section, because you have a sofa bed in the Living room then that is the first room that guests see.  Next comes bedroom 1 with the Queen bed.

So no change there!  I am no computer buff that's for certain😂 but if I try and think like a computer (brain overheating 😉) it would seem logical to follow the same sequence as the photo tour where the lounge has been deemed to be the most important room for ALL listings so this filters through to the Where you'll sleep section too.   May seem logical to a computer analyst but not to us hosts.

If the idea of the new Summer release with the Photo Tour was to homogenise all of the listings on Airbnb then I think it's going to be very difficult to persuade the top dogs at Airbnb that hosts can change the sequence of the rooms themselves.  Anarchy!!  The only modification we had was to be able to change the order of the photographs within the rooms which wasn't possible during the Early Release period.  

Currently guests still have two versions of the way listings are presented and it would seem that the idea that all listings would switch to the Photo Tour early 2024 has been delayed for some reason?

When you consider how many of us have been asking for the old jingle to be brought to no avail, I fear Andrea that you may be waiting a lot longer to get to choose the order in which the rooms are displayed on your listing😢 I would love to be proven wrong of course!

Until the next time, have a good season,

Joëlle

Ciao @Joelle43, thanks for your analysis, I think the same as you... unfortunately 😔

Angela1056
Top Contributor
Linarolo, Italy

@Andrea6232 @Joelle43 ciao, yes, it happened to me too! I gave a number to each of my 5 rooms in the photos of the listing but now I had to change the numbering because in the “Where you’ll sleep” section se sequence has changed. How boring!

Kevin2535
Level 2
Marietta, GA

I'm still seeing the same issue on my listing.  My "where you'll sleep" order is still reversed.  Do we have an idea when this will be fixed?  This HAS to be causing potential bookings from being lost.  

Jacci6
Level 2
Charleston, SC

@Bhumika Hello, I'm having the same problem as well with my "Where You'll Sleep" being out of order. My listing shows the sofa couch in the living room before the two bedrooms. Will this be fixed soon? I imagine it's deterring bookings. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.35.16 PM.png

Ciao @Jacci6 and @Bhumika , I raised this problem almost a month ago but unfortunately it still exists today, let's hope it will be resolved soon ...

Hello @Andrea6232 @Kevin2535 @Andrea6232  @Bhumika 

I don't know if you have opted in for the early New Release, but I have and yesterday I decided to try again to remove the pictures from bedroom 1 (which were in fact the pictures of bedroom 2) and re-asign them to their correct place - (bedroom 2).  Then I selected the photos of bedroom 1 which were showing up in Bedroom 2 and placed them in Bedroom 1 and it worked!

Those that are in this situation will hopefully understand what I am talking about because I realise how confusing it must sound but I am happy to announce that the photos are back to where they should be and my master bedroom (bedroom 1) is coming up with the correct photos.  Yippee!   You can't sort the order in which they appear as the drag and switch function has disappeared.

Fingers crossed for you too,

All the best

Joëlle

Ciao @Joelle43 @Kevin2535 @Bhumika I also opted for the new Winter Release but I cannot do what you did to solve the issue since the reversed order is between my living room (with a sofa bed) and my bedroom (with a queen bed) as shown below

Andrea6232_0-1701791932468.png

Ciao @Andrea6232 

So you're in exactly the same situation as @Jacci6 that I have just replied to and it would seem that hosts offering a sofa bed in the lounge will have this showing as the first sleeping option rather than a "real" bedroom.  Shame

Exactly @Joelle43 and this is a problem that I raised almost a month ago when I switched to the new Winter Release ...

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jacci6 @Andrea6232 @Joelle43 ! 

I was going through this discussion and got reminded one of the responses from @Hélène266 here where she shares an advice related to photo tour : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/2023-Winter-Release-Room-Naming-Problem/m... 

Is it something similar to your concerns? If yes,  It would be worth giving a try while I pass over the feedback that Andrea and Jacci shared to the relevant team. 

-----