Which Photo should be the cover Photo?

Answered!
Marion1081
Level 2
Søgne, Norway

Which Photo should be the cover Photo?

Hi guys!

I am just finding my feet as a new host, and would love for you to give me advice about how to improve my listing.

I would especially like help choosing the cover photo, and feedback on whether I sound too strict with my NO PARTIES speech - I do really want to convey that message, but in a friendly manner! 🤪😅

https://www.airbnb.com/h/sea-view-unit

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I always been a fan of the cover photo being somewhat romantic in nature, as if asking - "Isn't this where you want to be?". A follow up (2nd photo) may be a closer look (your picture of the dwelling without lines would be great). Then a good photo of the interior to denote its quality. The 4th & 5th (out of the first 5) should show two features that would further excite the viewer. In essence, use the fist 5 photos to convey a quick synopsis of your place. Then and only then one can get more specific. 🙂

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I always been a fan of the cover photo being somewhat romantic in nature, as if asking - "Isn't this where you want to be?". A follow up (2nd photo) may be a closer look (your picture of the dwelling without lines would be great). Then a good photo of the interior to denote its quality. The 4th & 5th (out of the first 5) should show two features that would further excite the viewer. In essence, use the fist 5 photos to convey a quick synopsis of your place. Then and only then one can get more specific. 🙂

Good luck!

Thanks, Fred!

Sounds good- I made some changes that might follow your idea better, but wondering which Photo you mean by «Photo of the dwelling without Lines»? 

Best, Marion

Oh, the one of the building without the green line. 🙂

Thanks Fred, I should remove the encircling Line on this Photo? 

IMG_3675.jpeg

or on this one underneath: 

IMG_3676.jpeg

 and put one of these as Photo no 2, right? 

Best, Marion 

Yes @Marion1081 , the first one is perfect (without the green line).

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Marion1081 Welcome to our Community,

I was wondering if you had the chance to read Fred's suggestion. I like the idea of having a cover photo that easily describes the place I want to visit. In response to Fred's question, "Isn't this where we want to be?", Would you like to share your opinion on this one @Nur785 @John7474 @Laura5961 ?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks Paula, I hadnt seen any answer so was glad you pointed it out🤣

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Marion1081 

Im having trouble finding your No Parties speech…  where is it?? 

Cheers 

Hi Patti! I changed the wording a bit after writing this - took out a sentence. Felt it sounded a bit unfriendly almost- but at the same time I do reeeally want to avoid trouble. How does it read now do you think, I think I had it in the «things to note» part- as a note about location. 

@Marion1081  I see it now under” where you’ll be” and I think it’s fine, I like your no nonsense style! You might want to include it in “ about the space” since many people don’t read beyond that. You do a great job of attracting those who will be a good fit for your listing and discouraging those who won’t.  That is the way to success in this business !

Thanks so much for your kind advice and encouragement! Motivating and much appreciated. 
Best, Marion 

Hei Marinon for et vakkert hjem du har!    

Hello Marion, what a beautiful home you have!

That first picture is stunning!!  Personally, I would not change it! it's is a million dollar view! Wow!!

I think your other pictures are great as well.  Your place is clean, crisp, and comfortable!  It makes me want to book a flight from Los Angeles to Norway to stay at your place! 

Since you have such a wonderful place, I would suggest this: 

Tell a story about your home, and where it is located.  Describe the pictures, and the rooms that we see, and what makes each room so special and comfortable.   Then add notes about a pull out bed... but first tell us about your home and community! 

Also, detail the local town, and the nearby places.  What are your favorite restaurants, beach, or coffee shops.  Tell us about it!!  Remember a lot of your guests are not from Norway, so tell them about what makes your home "the" place to stay!

I think you will have years of success with your home, and telling potential guests about it will only add to your success!

Best, 

John 

Los Angeles