Sonia745
Level 1
Sarandë, Albania

Which is the best payout method for Albania

Hi Guys 

Which is the best payout methods for Albania

Which ever method I've used they take a lot of fees

I never receive the full amount 

For example on western union payouts, except of the fixed fee 10 € I recieve even less like around minus 20-30€ less for 500€ 

Through bank it,s even worse

Can you please share your insights with me?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Sonia745 ,

It’s always a pleasure to see Albanian hosts succeeding with Airbnb. As a new Airbnb host myself, I’ve been contemplating the best payout methods. I’d like to share some insights with you.

Starting with the worst option: Western Union. While it does allow you to receive payments in LEK, they set the currency rate, which can be quite unfavorable. In contrast, wire transfers in USD are a much better choice. Although they come with fees, at least the exchange rate from EUR to USD is based on real-time forex rates.

For instance, I rent my villa for 500 EUR - 900 EUR per booking. Naturally, I have to accept some losses, but as we say, “me mire pak sesa fare”

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sonia745 , such an important question! Have you also checked the transaction on western union payouts to know what are the extra charges in their? Or did you reach out to their Customer Support? 

Here are some possible payout methods in general , I'm not quite sure if you have had a chance to explore them : Payout methods .

To help with your specific question, I'm also reaching out to a few Hosts from Albania who had previously participated in Community discussions, if they've observed a best payout method for their listing : @Mustafa256 @Ardi248 @Md-Mizanur1 @Mariglen0 . Looking forward to hear their thoughts 🌻!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Sonia745 ,

It’s always a pleasure to see Albanian hosts succeeding with Airbnb. As a new Airbnb host myself, I’ve been contemplating the best payout methods. I’d like to share some insights with you.

Starting with the worst option: Western Union. While it does allow you to receive payments in LEK, they set the currency rate, which can be quite unfavorable. In contrast, wire transfers in USD are a much better choice. Although they come with fees, at least the exchange rate from EUR to USD is based on real-time forex rates.

For instance, I rent my villa for 500 EUR - 900 EUR per booking. Naturally, I have to accept some losses, but as we say, “me mire pak sesa fare”

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for the support and commenting @Ardi248 , so much appreciated 🌻😀!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines