Why am I not getting bookings?

Juliet-and-David0
Level 2
Arthurs Point, New Zealand

Why am I not getting bookings?

Hi there, 

We have been hosting our 5 suite Lodge exclusively on AirBnB for 5 years. We opened 3 months before the global pandemic. We got through that hardest of times with the amazing support of the local market, and our government, with huge thanks and gratitude. 
With the recovery from the pandemic, bookings  increased and increased, with a strong winter season last year, and an even stronger Summer season. We could finally see the future for the business we had created pre-pandemic. 
However, what I have encountered with AirBnB for the past 5 months is unprecedented. We completed our busiest month in our whole history this past February. Although, ever since then, even with 646 reviews, (only a couple under 5 star), our bookings, and enquiries have absolutely plummeted. We are devastated!

With the new 2024 "release" I made some changes to our listings, but never anticipated an update would have such a devastating effect. 
To try to rectify the situation, I have updated photos, completely updated our text on all 5 listings, and significantly dropped our nightly rate, well below what it was last winter. 

All these changes seem to be making it worse. 
And of course I have contacted AirBnB support to question what is wrong...with absolutely no assistance at all. 
I am at an absolute loss....

Would appreciate any help or assistance.
Kindest Juliet 😊

PS. In all the changes I have made, I changed our name from Juliet & David to our company name Moonlight Escape Lodge in July....could this be a problem?

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Juliet-and-David0 

Do you really have no  bathrooms?

Thank you so much @Marie8425! In my efforts to get rid of the new PhotoTour, (which I believe was one of the catalysts for the mess I am now in), I had read a forum that said if you remove the spaces in the PhotoTour and just leave additional photos, then it would revert to the way the photos were displayed before. 

Little did I know that by deleting the spaces by photo groups the system would then delete how many bedrooms and bathrooms on offer!!

Really appreciate you pointing that out to me because I have managed to fix it now. 
Have probably lost even more bookings with this silly mistake.