Why does Airbnb treat everyone Equal!!

Why does Airbnb treat everyone Equal!!

Looking for advice from other host on the site,  I having been trying for months to become a host but keep getting denied, then they posted it for two months and then took it off and said it was put on by accident,  I have followed everything and more that they tell me to do, I have compared it to everyone else and I see no difference, the don't get back with you, will not give me a straight out answer, feel like I'm being discriminated against, talked to someone in there discrimination department  and he agreeded there was a problem, and now he has disappeared  and returns no emails, is this how it is with Airbnb???

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

If you are referring to listing an accommodation, I've not ever read of that happening to anyone. If you are referring to hosting an experience, I've read that many of those do get rejected and those posters say it's quite frustrating to get Airbnb to explain why or what they'd need to change to be accepted.

So what are you trying to list? And on what basis do you feel you're being discriminated against? If it's just that you can't get good service from customer service, that's the rule, not the exception.

@John5103 

i was trying to list hosting animal experience.I even work for the hosting animal experience for how many months just to get it approved coz airbnb has a lot of things they want to change on my submission, I even talk to customer service and even a supervisor at airbnb and even give me a suggestion what to do with my hosting animal experience get approved by their marketing team like what they were saying that it was their marketing team who is reviewing and approving all the hosting submission.so i did the suggestion of the supervisor i talk at airbnb and after few changes on my submission the marketing team approved my submission for hosting animal experience.so i was happy and get going after airbnb approved my hosting animal exprience submission got approved but after a few months airbnb email me saying that they remove my hosting animal experience, here is the exact message they sent me on my email; "We recently learned that your experience was published in error. As a result, we have unpublished your experience." which left me into thinking whats the reason why they remove my hosting animal experience after they approved it.I even email them and chat them thru their chat online service and they cannot even give me the exact reason or what is wrong with my animal hosting experience they just send me a generic answer and telling me to read a document on their website which they send me a bunch of links which i also read and review but they never they me the exact reason or pin poin the reason why they remove my hosting animal exprience.after talking to a lot of customer service and even executive staff of airbnb they said they escalated my case to the department who review my case but then they cannot even give the reason why they remove my airbnb hosting animal experience.I feel airbnb does not treat people who wants to host equal since i review and read all their animal hosting experience as what the supervisor from airbnb told me and i can see that there are people who host wild animals but airbnb let those people host,they even let those people sell wild animal products which they said on their policies that they don't allow host to sell wild products and even there are host that let their guest interact with dangerous animal even they let the kids in the fence with the wild animals,so where is the fair treatment there even if i have safety and i even follow airbnb guidelines they still remove my hosting animal experience, it's like airbnb is not treating all people who wants to host equal . They were just saying that there is a team who is reviewing all the airbnb hosting everyday and they check it, which i think that means someone from airbnb can remove your hosting anytime they want and cannot provide the exact reason why they removed your hosting.I feel I'm being DISCRIMINATED and airbnb do nothing to fix this problem and cannot even tell the EXACT reason why they removed it.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I stopped reading after the first few lines. If you want people to read your posts, you need to write in sentences and paragraphs and use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, otherwise it is impossible to read.

If this is how you wrote up your experience info, I wouldn't be surprised that was why it is rejected.

I don't know anything about wild animal experiences and you haven't even described here what exactly the experience consists of and what you mean by "wild animals". Another thing is that if there are already experiences listed like yours, Airbnb doesn't want a bunch of the same experiences listed, I think.

@John5103

Whoah.Are you a writer critique???!!!I don't think it's important for you to check how I write and I don't need an opinion for someone like you who cannot give an advice and just criticize other people.I don't think I need to tell you all what me and Airbnb have discussed coz I think you cannot give any advice at all.**

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@John5103 

I reported you to the community admin for this unpleasant attack on @Sarah977 

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@John5103- unfortunately no one here can tell you exactly why Airbnb removed your experience.  You can continue to contact them and inquire.  Different customer service reps will give varying opinions, but this might be your only way of getting to the roof of the problem. 

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Here are some other hosts who have suffered similar consequences and have posted on these forums about it.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Airbnb-Online-Experience-Declined-without-any-information/m...

Thank you so much for the suggestion Susan.It was a big help.Stay Safe and God bless you!