Why does cover photo a host picked no longer show up in search? Is this a problem that will be fixed soon?

Answered!
Richard2776
Level 1
San Leandro, CA

Why does cover photo a host picked no longer show up in search? Is this a problem that will be fixed soon?

Hi

I observed that I have not got any booking or inquiry for the past two weeks. I found today that my cover photo is no longer the first photo that any potential guest will see in search. The cover photo instead is now one picture of  my room furnitures.

Will Airbnb going to fix this hot issue soon?  High travel season is coming up in June.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Carl29 @Richard2776 , 

I wanted to share this thread that solves a similar problem here.

Have you tried deleting the cover photo and uploading the cover photo of your choice again?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This is what I see when visiting your place as your first photo:

cover.jpg

Is this the photo you want to be your cover photo, the first one?

Carl29
Level 2
SF, CA

This is insane. How do we get them to fix it soon?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Carl29 @Richard2776 , 

I wanted to share this thread that solves a similar problem here.

Have you tried deleting the cover photo and uploading the cover photo of your choice again?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I just figured out yesterday, and have many calls into support, and being told blah blah categoies, pictures, expected behavior. I cannot believe I have no control the cover photo to me! What's the point? Just a lie and atrocious that hosts have lost control over our ability to market our own listings. Thanks for nothing, airbnb.

I spent forty years in software, this software enhament is stupid, went backwards and because of it I won't be doing airbnb after the new year. 🤬