Why is my listing not getting seen anymore?

Ash5887
Level 1
Austin, TX

Why is my listing not getting seen anymore?

Hello, Last year, when Airbnb completely changed to CATEGORIES wt no warning, millions of people's listings became unfindable. There seems to be all kinds of algorithm things one must do to get seen. I am in the top neighborhood & location of all of austin, and I take pets. I somehow was getting bookings again when i changed my listing daily, etc. Now friends of mine are searching for my house, and I believe it comes up many many pages in, on the airbnb site, and it is not even getting seen. I was booked up for 13 years straight, and still getting bookings several months ago. Is there anyone out there I can hire to help wt the Airbnb algorithm part of this? Thank you!

10 Replies 10
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Ash5887 , Airbnb algorithm loves updates, therefore keep updating your listing, at least every week, moreover consider using all fields that Airbnb makes available to describe your listing, such as captions on photos 😉

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually there's lots of research that shows updating your listing regularly makes little if any difference @Andrea6232 

@Helen3 apparently it worked for me and many friends of mine 😉

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've been hosting for eight years and have spent my career in marketing and communications and have never come across a way of being able to identify when using a third party website what changes have led to a booking being made or a product or service being sold @Andrea6232 

How were you  and your friends able to identify that updating your listing was the sole cause of you receiving a booking?

Even Airbnb confirm that updating your listing makes no difference to driving search traffic to your listing  as it's not mentioned anywhere that doing so is a factor in their rankings https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/39

@Helen3 I did not say that updating your listing is the sole cause of receiving a booking but it can help 😀

In any case you are right, not easy to verify, but a lot of empirical evidence ...

Ah, I also have been working in Internet from many years and founded the oldest online wineshop of Italy in 1999 😀

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh great would love to see your empirical evidence showing making random changes to your listing leads to increased bookings @Andrea6232 

Can you post links?

Sorry @Helen3 I did not take note of them

@Helen3 You'll have to take my word for it 😉

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you're all right I'd rather rely on my own knowledge gained as host and cohost for the last eight years and my twenty years experience of heading up marketing and comms for national and national organisations for the last twenty years . Than the say so of someone new to hosting @Andrea6232  🤣🤣🤣

It is up to you @Helen3 🤣🤣🤣