Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Answered!
Nazan10
Level 2
Alaçatı, Turkey

Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Hi everyone.

For some reason wifi speed test tool is not working that I coulnd't input my results. Is there anyone had the same issue?

N.O
1 Best Answer
Thierry676
Level 2
Stuttgart, Germany

I had the exact same issue with the android Airbnb app. Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password were already there when I run the test (configured beforehand from the PC Airbnb website), and they were definitively correct (visually at least, no typo or lowercase/uppercase errors). But after reading this thread, I had the idea to remove Wi-Fi details, run the test again which prompted me to re-enter the Wi-Fi details, and it worked this time :))  ... Maybe something to do with some invisible characters !?!? Try it, it might work for you as well 😉

View Best Answer in original post

76 Replies 76
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jon3220 @Nazan10 @Michelle53 @Steve3136 It seems to work on my phone but not on my MacBook Air.

@Scott Are you aware this auto test feature doesn't seem to work on many devices?

I have tried it on both mine and my wife's iPhone's and my PC.  On the PC it tells me that it doesn't work with this version of the app but the app is the website.  On both of the iphone's it tells me that I must be connected to the wifi network which I am.  Ultimately it is a good thing to give guests a real world wifi assessment but if I can't get the real number it will just look like I have horrible wifi to the everyone and I am unwilling to post the true speed.

Marlicia0
Level 2
Franschhoek, South Africa

Hi from South Africa!

Can you please assist?  I'm trying to add the wifi speed to my listings.

I follow the links, but when I get to Amenities, I cannot find Popular to click on.

Am I just stupid?

Hope you'll be able to assist.

The links I used:  On the app, went to Profile, Hosting, Listing.  Chose the listing, went to Amenities, but no Popular to click on  😞

I was told by the help desk that it does not work in all countries.

On my screen, in Amenities there is a list.  Way down on the list is WiFi.  There is no Popular. Perhaps different in SA.

I thought it was limited to the cellphone, that it does not work on a laptop/pc.

Neither on my mobile phone nor my computer.

N.O
Nazan10
Level 2
Alaçatı, Turkey

I've contacted to them and they should be aware of the problem already and hopefully fix it soon.

N.O
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

I had the same problem, not connected to the wifi. IT WASN'T WORKING. But it was that my device was still on the wifi name of my house and not on the WiFi name of my rental. After switching to the correct WiFi name and network of the rental it worked like a charme. Perhaps it is the same with you guys. Oh and also in the listing the name of the WiFi must be exactly the same as it is in real life. With Caps and spaces and all. Hope this helps

Groetjes Katja
Jon3220
Level 2
Arizona, United States

Not the issue here.  I am connected to the correct network.

This worked for me!!  Thank you.  It has to be exactly as it is on your wifi, capitals/lower case.  EXACTLY!  My wifi automatically came up as all capitals, I changed it to what our wifi was set up as and it was perfect...this was after trying multiple times.  Thank you again for the great advice!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded all the information coming from each and everyone of you to the appropriate department and will update you when I know more.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact customer support directly. The more times it gets raised, the quicker the team will work on it.

Thank you

Jon3220
Level 2
Arizona, United States

I have contacted support as you recommended.  After some difficulty, I was finally able to convince the support agent that I was not using an online speed test website, but the speed test in the Airbnb app.  They were completely unaware that such a thing existed.  That has now been understood by them and they are working on the issue for me.

This happens so often -- hosts explaining the system to support rather than the other way around!

Susan4393
Level 2
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom

The test wasn’t working for me until I updated the app and logged my iPad onto the guest network rather than the private home network I usually use.

Regards

Sue & Pete