Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Answered!
Nazan10
Level 2
Alaçatı, Turkey

Wifi Speed Test Tool Not Working

Hi everyone.

For some reason wifi speed test tool is not working that I coulnd't input my results. Is there anyone had the same issue?

N.O
1 Best Answer
Thierry676
Level 2
Stuttgart, Germany

I had the exact same issue with the android Airbnb app. Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password were already there when I run the test (configured beforehand from the PC Airbnb website), and they were definitively correct (visually at least, no typo or lowercase/uppercase errors). But after reading this thread, I had the idea to remove Wi-Fi details, run the test again which prompted me to re-enter the Wi-Fi details, and it worked this time :))  ... Maybe something to do with some invisible characters !?!? Try it, it might work for you as well 😉

View Best Answer in original post

74 Replies 74
David569
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

I'll give this a shot the next time my house is vacant, thanks.

Thank you! This worked for me. 

David569
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

Same problem.  I've tried to test the speed several times, both when Airbnb first initiated it and just a few days ago on both my phone and my laptop.  I can't use the app on my laptop because it doesn't have the M1 chip required to download it - I can understand that - however, when I try to use my phone, it automatically switches to the Wifi - with the correct user name and password - but I can't get past that.  It keeps telling me to add that information that is already there. ????

Michael2927
Level 2
North River, NY

Same issue for me.  This seems crazy that a platform with the resources of Airbnb doesn't have a fix for this issue.  Also not able to add photos in my guidebook right now either.  Frustrating.

Hi All,

Having same issues.

Did the speed tool worked for anyone?

Please Airbnb open your eyes!

Cheers,

Goncalo

Hi @Gonçalo6 

I had the same issue and I've discovered that the location (GPS) should be enabled in the mobile while performing the test. 

I hope that it will help you.

Regards

Thanks @Bartlomiej-Milosz0  that helped! 

Brad809
Level 1
Nags Head, NC

On IOS the AirBnb location data must be enabled and “Precise Location” must also be enabled. 

This was the answer!!!! Went to privacy settings on my phone and in location settings for AirBnB had to turn Precise Location on!! Thanks!

I can confirm what Heather1073 states is true, after turning geo-location it worked!  Thanks community please Airbnb support hope you read this to increase your knowledge level!

I solved the problem because of you. While performing this speed test, your phone's Location setting must be turned on.😎

by FatihUNAL

I've filed a bug report with Airbnb on this in the past 🙂

Hopefully someone in the Airbnb tech department will pick up threads like these and actually have the app check whether location is enabled before trying to run a speedtest. If not enabled/allowed, the app should ask for permission to location and/or turn location on.

Pg-Sufri0
Level 2
BSB, Brunei

My solution was to turn on the device's location. Airbnb is looking at whether the wifi is coming from your house that is listed.

Giacomo--Jack-0
Level 2
Florence, Italy

it doesn't work. What is amazing, and tells you a lot about the company as a whole, is that this failed feature has not been removed yet from the App. What a waste of time.

Fatih13
Level 3
İstanbul, Turkey

Yes, unfortunately I am also experiencing this situation and the speed test is not working.

by FatihUNAL