Would Like to See 2 Booking Options Based On Length of Stay?

Would Like to See 2 Booking Options Based On Length of Stay?

For Hosts that offer short term bookings and long-term bookings, it would be nice if Airbnb offered booking options for Hosts based on length of stay:

1. One booking option based on shorter stays so we feel comfortable using Instant Book

2.Request to Book for longer stays (28+)

There should be a drop down choice for the number of days and then the option to choose Instant Book or Request to Book. Many Hosts are ok with Instant Book for shorter stays, but want more opportunity to ask questions before accepting for longer stays.

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joan2709,

Thank you so much, as always, for sharing these ideas with our community. Was there a particular situation that made you think about this?

I’m also reaching out to some fellow hosts to gather their opinions: @Katarzyna87@Jim-and-Caroline0 @Ema3296@Karen114 and @Guy991.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula 

I'm working with more and more Hosts that are offering short term and  mid term stays (28+ days).  We continue to see an increase in governmental restrictions limiting Hosts to 30+ stays, or Hosts prefer  to offer both short and mid term stays for their listings. Many don't feel there are many options offered to Hosts on Airbnb to combine these different types of stays. Hosts would prefer to host longer stays and fill any calendar gaps with short term stays.

Offering seasonal cancellation policies and different booking options (Instant Book and Request to Book at the same time based on length of stay and/or booking lead time) would make Airbnb more useable for longer stays. Adding options like a place to post a rental agreement online and allow refundable security deposits for long term stays would go a long way towards keeping long term stay Hosts on Airbnb and/or attracting more Hosts to list on Airbnb. Right now there is not enough functionality to operate long term stays on the platform easily. This forces Hosts to list on other platforms that offer more flexibility. 

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Joan2709  That is a great idea and makes total sense. I am always blown away by guests that book for a month or more during high season with me without any questions or communication at all during the booking process. 

Something tells me though that the hosts that have IB vs RB is very high so not a real concern to Air at the moment. That may change if it goes the other direction. 

Karen