Would you leave laundry detergent for guests to use?

Answered!
Jen8466
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

Would you leave laundry detergent for guests to use?

Hi

Very new to this and looking to prepare my house for its first guests.

Would you leave laundry detergent for guests to use

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jen8466 ! Welcome to our wonderful Community! 😊 I wish you all the best in your hosting journey.

Have you had a chance to check out Joelle and Aaron's suggestion? They shared some great insights. Also, I wanted to share an article with you that talks about the 👉 amenities guests want.

It could be helpful for you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

@Jen8466 Providing laundry detergent for your guests can be a thoughtful gesture and enhance their overall experience. It allows them to conveniently do their laundry during their stay. However, it's not a requirement, and whether or not to provide laundry detergent is ultimately up to you as a host. Consider factors such as the cost, the length of stay for guests, and the amenities you already offer. It's always a good idea to communicate with your guests beforehand to manage their expectations and inform them about the availability of laundry facilities and any specific instructions they may need to follow.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Jen8466 

Yes, I provide both laundry tablets and tablets for the dishwasher.  I mainly have stays of less than a week and as a guest, I would find it bothersome to buy a large packet of both and only end up using a few.

Joëlle

Same here! Our property is near a large sporting complex. It gives our guests a chance to wash their sports uniform for the next day if they would like. And, right now we have a guest for two weeks who works installing wind generators. I know he appreciates having the stocked washing facilities at our place.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jen8466 ! Welcome to our wonderful Community! 😊 I wish you all the best in your hosting journey.

Have you had a chance to check out Joelle and Aaron's suggestion? They shared some great insights. Also, I wanted to share an article with you that talks about the 👉 amenities guests want.

It could be helpful for you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jen8466
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

That is brilliant thank you. I’m working through the list. I’m thinking above that to make it super convenient. Phone chargers I can offer, all types. Blue speakers to enjoy the outside. What about access to my garage? Inside has bikes, paddle board, kayaks. Picnic equipment. So much things to enchance their stay.

As my place is on the east coat of Scotland by the beach, weather can be problematic. I have waterproofs etc. Dressing gowns. All bulky items that can help the

Family travel light? 

Jen8466
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

I’ve read the article fully and phone chargers etc are good, also I though baggage weight, travel adaptors. Everything they would possibly need when travelling. I have bought all the children’s items, highchairs etc etc. I think  I am good to go 😊

Jen8466
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

I think I know what I need to do to be a superhost. Thank you so much for your contributions. I’m looking to host as soon as I can. I’m tirelessly landscaping my huge garden to add it to the listing with an outdoor sitting area. I would be renting out my entire home whilst I go travelling with my children. 
inside is totally fab. I’m so excited to be a host for the first time. I am working hard so I can get the pictures up and get a booking!