Your account could be suspended

Answered!
Sabrina1037
Level 2
Ocean City, MD

Your account could be suspended

Listing ~ Cozy Bayside Home~Close to Beach~Dog Friendly

I received an ALERT!! "You declined your last 3 reservation requests; your account could be suspended". 

This is my private home!! ~ If potential renters would READ my listing, (second paragraph) then I would not have to decline request!!!

"Unfortunately, our property is unavailable for partial weeks (weekends) during the PRIME rental season ~ June to September. We can only offer Saturday to Saturday WEEKLY rentals. Minimum TWO night stay yearly" 

This is CLEARLY stated in my description, so I should NOT be penalized for not allowing idiots to rent MY HOUSE, who request WEEKENDS during the summer!!!

I'm a Super Host for a very good reason ~ read my reviews!  So, I should NOT be suspended for running my 17-year business, the way I see fit, by declining potential rentals.

Kindly,

Sabrina  

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sabrina1037 

You need to setup your listing in a way people can only book it the way you describe it.

Using rule sets you can setup all the proper conditions and apply it to specific time periods.

Then nobody is able to request weekends during summer etc...

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sabrina1037  Stating when your rental is available and for how long in your description is not the way to do what you are trying to do. 

You need to use "professional tools" and the rule sets you will find there to set up your calendar properly so that guests will not be able to send requests or book dates outside your parameters.

You can't keep declining bookings and using the rule sets will help you not have to.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sabrina1037 

You need to setup your listing in a way people can only book it the way you describe it.

Using rule sets you can setup all the proper conditions and apply it to specific time periods.

Then nobody is able to request weekends during summer etc...

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Thank You !

Since June 2021 I have hosted Historical Walking Tours in Oxford UK. I have had no problem with payments from Airbnb but keep getting email requests from them saying if I don't provide them with my business and banking details they will suspend my account. They add that if I have provide these details I must ignore the email. Doesn't make sense to me.