Your advice is needed - Listings not being viewed

Your advice is needed - Listings not being viewed

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 11.11.32 AM.png

Listing link: Guesthouse in Bulawayo · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths

My listings are not getting any attention. What am I doing wrong?

[Content modified by OCM]

8 Replies 8
Michelle3221
Level 2
Belmar, NJ

I think you could benefit from better photos! Also, the main photo should be of the inside and the best part of the house to get attention 

Marc10625
Level 2
Camas, Washington

A couple of the pictures shows the bathtub, sink and toilet with paint all over it. Doesn't look inviting to me. Some nice colorful decor would help as well. It looks pretty empty besides the very basic necessities.

Marvin183
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Hello Nyarai1,

You have  a beautiful calm and cowsy getaway just from what I've seen . Looks Peace ful 

You asked for some support to find out why ?

I would answer it by saying:

Is the area you live in  attracting your kind of intended guests?

Are there other hosts in the area getting more business?

Otherwise if all factors tick then it can only be the bathroom that has some kind of art that looks ashy just try making the entire bathroom super white like the others .

I personally think that there chances such a tiny thing  could be a factor from what I've seen in the pictures . 

Hope this helped but I would love to be lucky enough to visit this gem.

All the best .

Marvin .

Yo cambiaría la foto principal por la 9 la de la cocina. La foto principal parece un caseta de jardín 

Olivier1414
Level 2
Beavercreek, OH

Please check the Airbnb in the area see what price they have, your price might be high and they choose to reserve the cheapest. Also, I don’t know more about Zimbabwe but it’s hard to travel with 8 people, some are couples when need one room to stay; but during weekends you should have people who attend weddings in your area. 

Yaseen13
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

If your Airbnb listings are not being viewed as much as you'd like, there are several best practices you can follow to boost visibility and attract more potential guests:

1. Optimize Your Listing Title and Description

• Title: Make sure your title is catchy and highlights the best features of your property. Use keywords that travelers might search for, like "Cozy Downtown Apartment with Balcony" or "Family-Friendly Home Near Beach."
  • Description: Provide a detailed, well-structured description. Highlight unique features, nearby attractions, amenities, and anything that makes your property stand out.

2. Use High-Quality Photos

• Invest in professional photography or ensure that your photos are well-lit, high-resolution, and showcase the best aspects of your property. A picture is worth a thousand words—great photos will grab attention and make a strong first impression.
  • Include a variety of images: exterior shots, all rooms, special amenities, and any unique features.

3. Set Competitive Pricing

• Research similar listings in your area to understand the average pricing. Consider starting with slightly lower rates to attract initial bookings and build up your reviews.
  • Use Airbnb’s dynamic pricing tool to adjust your prices based on demand, seasons, and events.

4. Utilize Keywords in Your Listing

• Identify keywords that potential guests may search for and naturally incorporate them into your listing title, description, and amenities section. Keywords could be related to the location, type of stay, or special features (e.g., "pet-friendly," "near public transport," "free parking").

5. Offer Competitive Amenities and Extras

• Make sure your property offers the essentials that guests look for: high-speed Wi-Fi, comfortable bedding, a fully-equipped kitchen, and cleanliness.
  • Additional amenities like complimentary coffee, toiletries, local guides, or even a welcome basket can make a difference.

6. Encourage Positive Reviews

• Guests are more likely to book a listing with positive reviews. Provide an excellent experience to encourage guests to leave 5-star reviews.
  • Communicate clearly, respond promptly, and go the extra mile to ensure guest satisfaction.

7. Promote Your Listing on Social Media

• Utilize social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest to showcase your space and attract more viewers. Create engaging content about your listing, local attractions, and guest experiences.

8. Update Your Calendar Regularly

• Keep your calendar up to date, and make sure it accurately reflects your availability. Airbnb tends to favor listings with regularly updated calendars in search results.

9. Optimize Your Profile and Improve Response Rate

• Make sure your host profile is complete, with a clear photo and a welcoming bio. A responsive host is more attractive to potential guests, so make sure to reply quickly to inquiries and messages.

10. Use Airbnb’s Tools and Promotions

• Consider using Airbnb’s promotional tools like the "Early Bird Discount" or "Last-Minute Deal" to attract more bookings. Offering a special rate for your first three guests can help you gain traction and initial reviews.
Pam2263
Level 2
Garland, TX

Hi Nyarai,

I agree with the other hosts—the pictures tell the story. Some of your photos appear dark; lightening them up will improve the overall aesthetics. Also, I noticed that some bedrooms are more visually appealing than others. Consider placing the best ones at the beginning. The first photo should be your strongest, showing the beauty of your Airbnb.A couple of the bedroom photos look plain. With the pretty greenery outside, you might want to incorporate some of that indoors—perhaps adding a few plants or even a decorative throw across the bed. What makes your listing perfect for families? Post pics highlighting such--a nearby trail, games, or a nice family dining area. I think these details will make your place stand out. 

🙂PE

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Nyarai1

There are some fantastic suggestions from our wonderful hosts in this thread.

When you get a chance to review them, please let us know and keep us updated on any changes you're planning to implement.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad