Zero bookings in a summer in Central London from £45pn

Lukas319
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Zero bookings in a summer in Central London from £45pn

Back in May, I made a topic about Airbnb allowing fake reviews, since then I have ZERO bookings, even tho I have 4.67 rating, 4 rooms in Central London from 45per night in SUMMER the busiest and the most expensive season. The average price in the area is £80+!!

I had to force myself to go to booking.com because Airbnb blocks my listings from being found - I have 0% cancelation and except 3, 1star ratings because of extremely difficult guests (I had to call the police twice because Airbnb did not help at all, and they do not like that) out of over 200 reviews, most of them are 5.

It looks like, because I made one topic criticizing Airbnb, they on purpose hid my listings. Whenever I call, they say the same scripted thing, FILTERS, lol. I put all the filters and have to extremely zoom into my street to be able to see the listings shown, so of course, they do show up, if people know the exact street.

I feel like it is time to say goodbye to Airbnb. You can not complain on here,  I have lost so much because of one topic I made criticizing Airbnb policy about fake reviews. Amazing.

15 Replies 15
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lukas319 It is very unlikely that Airbnb is picking on you based on criticism here. The biggest boost in the search engine seems to come from getting bookings (yes it is a catch 22 situation) so by taking bookings elsewhere your position will drop on Airbnb. Also there is a glut of Airbnb accommodation in many places so bookings/place are generally down.

I didn't have any bookings on airbnb for 2 weeks so had to go elsewhere. I dont want to, but if there is no way for my listings to be found on airbnb, what also was I supposed to do. They should make me want to stay on airbnb if their system see I use other platforms. But they dont.

@Lukas319 the not turning up on the map is a real thing and sometimes occurs because of GPS problems . Do ask CS to check it again for you, and by the way booking .com is affiliated I believe with Airbnb.... H

Lukas you seem to have lots of bookings. did something change ?..H

Lukas319
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I dont have any bookings on airbnb but booking.com. 

It is impossible for my rooms to be found the Airbnb CS has no clue, I called yesterday, the guy was eating something while talking to me and every other word I got "mmmm" "ummmm" 

@Lukas319 Keep trying Lukas. Something is not right ..if you are suspended I would expect that you do not just fade out but would be aware of it.... H

@Lukas319 and Lukas the reviews that you have for July are Airbnb reviews. I am not sure how booked you expect to be , but given the market and if you have other bookings that do not show up then they look fairly reasonable... ?.. H

Interesting how since that day I have ZERO bookings, strange coincidence.

@Lukas319 did you read Bhumika's post? The moderators rarely comment like this so you can rest assured your lack of bookings is pure coincidence.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lukas319 

As you're probably aware London is an oversaturated market for STRs made worse by falling demand caused by the recession.

this won't be helped by what Airbnb sees as low ratings for your listings which may be putting guests off from booking. 

Have you looked into supply and demand for your type of listing in your part of London ? @Lukas319 

the posts you make on here don't in anyway impact on your bookings . 

Lukas319
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I see rooms in worse condition in the area with 2-3 stars rating being more bookings than me. This is why I feel this is how it is.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"It looks like, because I made one topic criticizing Airbnb, they on purpose hid my listings."

They got that kind of time to engage in such silly revengeful games? If so, many of us here wouldn't be getting any bookings either.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lukas319, I have read your post very carefully suggesting that your activity here in the Community Center may have affected your Airbnb search ranking. 

I want to be very clear about this: no comment shared in this forum affects your search ranking in any way. 

The Community Center Center is a space where Hosts can share feedback – positive or negative – and it is what makes this space such a powerful resource both for Hosts and Airbnb. This helps us improve and build a better Airbnb for you all. 

There are many factors involved in a listing performance, and your activity in the Community Center is definitely not one of them. Please have a look at this article in the Airbnb Help Center explaining how search works on Airbnb.

I hope this is clear. Thank you for being a valued member of our Community. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika There is, technically, one way the search rankings are affected by the CC. If people are racist/sexist/whateverist in the CC then Airbnb reserves the right to remove their account such that they disappear from the search engine altogether. I don't know if this has ever happened but I thought it worth mentioning just for completeness.