how can I change the mistake in the location of my appartment?

Answered!
Marta10
Level 1
Managua, Nicaragua

how can I change the mistake in the location of my appartment?

How to change the location of my apartment that is misleading to the guests?  My apartment is located in Managua, Nicaragua and the ad offers Bologna Italy. Without cancelling my account?

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marta10 Hi Marta...

My oh my, that is a really big difference in address location!!

Before you get onto Airbnb help desk LOG onto your listing page and click on ‘Manage Listing and Calendar’…

In the top left corner of the screen next to your listing name you will see 4 bars (short lines). Click on those bars and a box will slide across with details of your listing! Scroll down to ‘Location’ and see if it matches the location you are listing. If it shows some other address, edit the address to the one you want and save…..Good Luck….Cheers….Rob

"Hi Marta.....Mi oh mi , es una gran diferencia en la ubicación de la dirección !!

Antes de llegar a Airbnb ayuda .... Ingrese a su página de perfil y haga clic en "Administrar Listing y el calendario ' ...

En la esquina superior izquierda de la pantalla al lado del nombre de la lista verá 4 bares (líneas cortas) . Haga clic en los bares y una caja se desliza a través de los detalles de su perfil ! Desplazarse hacia abajo para 'Localización ' y ver si coincide con la ubicación que está enumerando . Si se muestra otra dirección, editar la dirección a la que desea y guardarla ... suerte ... ... ..Good .Cheers .Rob" 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Marta10

I see some blocked dates on the calendar... If you do not have any reservation yet the best thing is create a new listing... If you already do have a reservation you will need to contact Airbnb Customer Service and explain the problem...  We can't change the address of our listings...

Luis

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marta10 Hi Marta...

My oh my, that is a really big difference in address location!!

Before you get onto Airbnb help desk LOG onto your listing page and click on ‘Manage Listing and Calendar’…

In the top left corner of the screen next to your listing name you will see 4 bars (short lines). Click on those bars and a box will slide across with details of your listing! Scroll down to ‘Location’ and see if it matches the location you are listing. If it shows some other address, edit the address to the one you want and save…..Good Luck….Cheers….Rob

"Hi Marta.....Mi oh mi , es una gran diferencia en la ubicación de la dirección !!

Antes de llegar a Airbnb ayuda .... Ingrese a su página de perfil y haga clic en "Administrar Listing y el calendario ' ...

En la esquina superior izquierda de la pantalla al lado del nombre de la lista verá 4 bares (líneas cortas) . Haga clic en los bares y una caja se desliza a través de los detalles de su perfil ! Desplazarse hacia abajo para 'Localización ' y ver si coincide con la ubicación que está enumerando . Si se muestra otra dirección, editar la dirección a la que desea y guardarla ... suerte ... ... ..Good .Cheers .Rob" 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marta10 .....Oh and just one more thing Marta, if you have a booking, and that guest thinks you are in Italy instead of Nicaragua, you will be able to send the guest a message explaining the mistake and ask that guest to cancel the booking from their side. DO NOT CANCEL THE BOOKING YOURSELF!!!! Airbnb will penalise and fine hosts who cancel bookings! Do not under any circumstance do that!  Get the guest to cancel the booking and there will be no penalty to you….cheers…..Rob

"Ah, y una cosa más Marta , si usted tiene una reserva y el cliente cree que está en Italia en lugar de Nicaragua , que será capaz de enviar al cliente un mensaje explicando el error y pedir al cliente para cancelar la reserva de su lado . No cancele la libro usted mismo !!!! Airbnb penalizar y anfitriones finas que cancelar reservas! En ningún caso, hacer eso ! Obtenga una invitación para cancelar la reserva y no habrá castigo para usted ... ... .cheers ..Rob" 

I am shaking my head!

@Luis-and-Tati0, why would you recommend someone to cancel their listing (not the "best thing") first instead of calling Airbnb and getting them to just change the address?  They do this all the time.

@Robin4, I am assuming if you ask the guest to cancel because of an error, you are also going to reimburse the guest the Airbnb fee?  I did not see this mentioned in your response.  I see it all too often where a host makes a mistake and then they asks the guest to cancel who is then left with no booking and an Airbnb fee for their troubles.  Just take a look at how many times guests complain about this on Twitter.

I am sure that if @Marta10 contacts Airbnb and explains the issue, they can then correct it and if the guest booked thinking it was for Italy, I am sure Airbnb will cancel the booking with no penalties to both parties.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0

You have 1 listing and 11 reviews... most likely not more than 15 trips...

How many times have you called Airbnb CS for help??...

I had to contact them 5 time this week alone (2 today), and at least other 5 times in January, their number is on my speed dial... I know very few customer services that are worse than Airbnb...

Not an option to cancel the listing if there is a reservation there... But far better and faster option just delete and create a new one if there are no reservations...

Hi @Luis-and-Tati0,

Thanks for the update on the number of listings and reviews I have.  Was there a point???  Is there a reason why you have had to edit this post over 7 times?

I have called Airbnb twice but my memory fails me why I called them.  What I can say is that they have been very quick to answer when I have called and have been very helpful.  I do acknowledge that my experience can be quite different in what other people have experienced.  I don't actually call Airbnb anymore as I usually DM @Airbnbhelp and we have a pretty good working relationship.  

The reason I said "I am shaking my head" @Luis-and-Tati0 is that there have been a number of times when I see your name answering a question and I cringe.  There have been a number of responses on the CC in which you have given BAD advice to hosts; on about 3 of these occasions, I have spoken up in which I am sorry you were offended.  It is pretty easy to tell between those who wish to help out on the CC and those who like to see if they can become a level 10.  @Luis-and-Tati0 - levels mean nothing and I hope they get rid of them.

I will finish with this @Luis-and-Tati0.  I will only respond to host's questions if I know I am offering the CORRECT answer or advice.  If I do not know the answer, I will try to find it and if I can't, I will move on.  I will also say, I have helped out many hosts off the CC by contacting @Airbnbhelp on their behalf and they will reach out to the host after I bring an issue to their attention.

Moving on now.

Happy hosting @Luis-and-Tati0!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0

The point is you don't interract enough with them...

Here is my last interaction with them...

https://twitter.com/AirbnbHelp/status/695981218228215809

4 calls... 4 messages on Twitter... 6 emails

Even with pictures and evidences of damage they denied the payment of the $75 claim I made... Only paid $50...

I still waiting since Monday for them to respond a problem on my taxes, they already aknologed the error but don't know how to fix...

Hi @Luis-and-Tati0,

I feel your frustration and I am sorry Airbnb has not come to the final decision you had hoped for.  I do not know the particulars of your claim and I have never been involved and hope to never make a claim but I have seen many end up like this and it often comes down to Airbnb paying depreciated value when mosts hosts want replacement costs.  Is it fair?  Probably not but this is something we have agreed to along with Airbnb having the "Final" decision when we signed up to host our listing(s) with them.  

Dave

David

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dave-and-Deb0 ....We don't know if there is a booking involved, Marta did not say...just that she noticed a discrepancy in her listing address.  When I told her not too cancel Dave, you know from a lot of the posts on the CC, hosts in an endeavour to do the right thing by a client for some glaring error have rushed ahead and cancelled a booking only to have a stain on their record for the next year, and you can't assume that Airbnb will just sort it out liuke that without some sort of penalty after the event! A lot of these posts confirm that that doesn't always happen.

Yes you are right there would still be a booking fee involved and in all probability Airbnb would waive that but a number of things enter into this.....whose fault was it that the listing address was incorrect! The system is automated and doesn't pick addresses at random....it responds to information fed in. I just didn't want to see a potential newcomer making a quick decision without knowing the ramifications of that decision. And of course you are right, if the address is correct on her profile but not on her public listing, get onto the help desk and get them to take care of it. The booking fee is something that could be possibly sorted out between her and the client, but it is potentially the lesser of two evils!

Also, I can't speak for the help desk in other parts of the world but here in Oz the speed with which you can talk to someone is amazing. I have had to talk to them on about 5 occasions over the past 6 months and every time I ring, from the time I have gone through the welcome selection gateway, I am never more than 1 minute before I am in actual conversation. They are one of the most contactable companies I have ever dealt with....cheers....Rob

@Dave-and-Deb0

Just an quick update... yet another problem and call to Airbnb... 55 minutes on the phone and there's nothing they can do to help!...

https://goo.gl/photos/gM9SxNeAqaZ2qoVV7

Yes @Luis-and-Tati0, once they make up their final decision, it is final.  It's time to move on.  Sorry!

Dave

David