how to advertise that the place is not available to kids?

Answered!
Thor6
Level 3
Berlin, Germany

how to advertise that the place is not available to kids?

hello.

there's been a lot of changes lately, and i can't find the check-boxes saying that this space is not in any way kid-friendly. does anyone know where these check-boxes went? i try to make sure that everyone knows - before booking - that kids are unwanted, but i never trust AirBnb default settings after any update, so i need to double check often.

i work from home, and obviously i don't want kids here - due to the noise & the clutter. kids above 8ish are ok in general, but the entiteled parents aren't. i just can't deal with them.

i guess i'm looking for the "no kids under 12" check-box. it used to be here somewhere.

cheers,

Thor

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Good morning @Thor6 

Here are the steps:

==>Menu

==>In Listing details choose

==>Guest safety

Here you can tick the two boxes for babies under 2 not welcome and the 2-12 not welcome.  You should indicate to the parents why your listing is not suitable and unsafe so that they understand why you have chosen not to include them.

However, if parents still want to bring their kids along, there isn't very much you can do about this as this might well be considered as discrimination by parents even with the boxes ticked.  

I have the same restrictions and always ask with my guest who is coming on their trip as I explain that I have age restrictions.  I also indicate this in my house rules on my listing and send this again just after a reservation in case they didn't see/read the house rules when they decided to book.

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Good morning @Thor6 

Here are the steps:

==>Menu

==>In Listing details choose

==>Guest safety

Here you can tick the two boxes for babies under 2 not welcome and the 2-12 not welcome.  You should indicate to the parents why your listing is not suitable and unsafe so that they understand why you have chosen not to include them.

However, if parents still want to bring their kids along, there isn't very much you can do about this as this might well be considered as discrimination by parents even with the boxes ticked.  

I have the same restrictions and always ask with my guest who is coming on their trip as I explain that I have age restrictions.  I also indicate this in my house rules on my listing and send this again just after a reservation in case they didn't see/read the house rules when they decided to book.

All the best

Joëlle

lovely, Joëlle. thank you so much for your help, advice and service.

yes, indeed. i try to be proactive too. especially as i have a cat. lots of guests come just because of the very fact that i do have a pet in the apartment, but still it's important to hammer that fact in - in title, introduction and running text - in order to avoid guests with allergies. it's also in their best interest.

i wish you all the best, 🙂

cheers,

Thor

@Thor6 

You're very welcome and glad I could be of some help😊 

Have a lovely Sunday

All the best

Joëlle