new iPhone takes HEIC photos and they aren't uploading

new iPhone takes HEIC photos and they aren't uploading

I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and the photos are uploaded into my Google Drive and then downloaded to my laptop to put on my new AirBnB listing.  But the photos are not recognized by AirBnB's platform - I figured out that they are saved as HEIC instead of JPEG files with this new technology.  It's the best new smartphone camera on the market at the moment.  What can I do?  Help!

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elizabeth2188 

HEIC (High-Efficiency Image Coding) format can be converted to other format, like JPG.

Google for offline and online solutions. It also seems Apple automatically converts the files when you upload to social media.

Tina7777
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I converted the photos to .JPG on my PC and it still won't upload correctly to airbnb.com...does it work better on the iphone airbnb app??? I also converted the images to .jpeg and it still won't upload properly. It shouldn't be this hard!

Jenni3636
Level 1
Canberra, Australia

Yep - I have the same problem - I agree, it shouldn't have to be this hard!!

Yes, I try to save as HEIC file to both jpg and jpeg file type but there isn't work either . 

@Piyasak0 

Just an idea to figure out where the problem is

1.  Try loading a .jpg file not from your phone.

2. In other work I do, we were having trouble because the converted images on search engines were a problem because size of converted file too big or to small.  I was just able to open the converted file on my desktop and for the search engines, we finally figured out changing Pixels to 1500 worked for that problem.

I really like using the conversion tools from freeconvert. You can do HEIC to JPG specifically here:
https://www.freeconvert.com/heic-to-jpg