short term rental in NYC

Answered!
David2670
Level 1
New York, NY

short term rental in NYC

Hi, Can anyone tell me what is going on in NYC? Is short term rental now, ok? 

Allowed? Not allowed but not prosecuted? Would anyone please elaborate? 

What is the best link to check for changes.

Thank you,

David

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David2670 ,

How are you doing and did you manage to get any information about it?

As Community Center is more of a global forum, it might be a bit difficult to get in touch with regional hosts.

If you are still looking for advice, I would recommend getting in touch with local hosts through our Local Host group from your region here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David2670 ,

How are you doing and did you manage to get any information about it?

As Community Center is more of a global forum, it might be a bit difficult to get in touch with regional hosts.

If you are still looking for advice, I would recommend getting in touch with local hosts through our Local Host group from your region here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to look at the STR regulations on the NY government website @David2670 

Kerry487
Level 1
New York, NY

The democrat politicians running NYC are trying to demolish Abnb in the city and tri state area.  When the law passes it will be the end for Abnb by September 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That's not what the proposed legislation says. @Kerry487 

It says they are introducing a licensing system and there are restrictions on which properties can be used for STR not that STRs are being banned.

You seem to be always so smart about everything here, even if this problem affects New York and you are in UK. Here we are: only couple hundred people received the registration number. The city is backed up and I’m waiting in my registration number for almost 3 month already, and meanwhile at least 10 moving trucks are standing on my block, landlords are taking advantage and rising rent over night, mine went up over $500. And no one wants to move to New York because it’s insane expensive. And our nyc officials want us to house homeless and refugees for free. I get scammed almost on a daily basis by people who pretend they transferred me deposit and they always want to send someone else for the apartment viewing. But you seem to know better! Thousands are leaving Airbnb and New York.