what should I charge for my 2 bedroom suite cleaning ?

Answered!
Fozia2
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

what should I charge for my 2 bedroom suite cleaning ?

Hi I’d like to know what should I charge for my 2 bedroom suite cleaning 

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Fozia2 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Our lovely members @Bettye6 @Helen744 @Tommy150 have come up with some interesting suggestions and questions that need to be addressed while deciding on the cleaning fee. 

Have you decided on what you will be charging? It would be great to hear your take on this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Tommy150
Level 10
Buffalo, NY

Where is it located? 

What's your average cost to clean it? 

Have you looked at other Airbnbs in your market? 

There's a lot of variables here. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Fozia2  the best advice here is to see what others with four guests in your local area are charging.Having said that it is rare that the cleaning cost will actually cover the cleaning .Some people have no trouble getting  high cleaning fees , others add all costs to the front end so the customer does not get a shock on checkout I find that if your cleaning fee is modest and the house is always clean that you never lose stars for either 'value' or 'cleanliness' . If you and your co host can share the cleaning that is generally the most cost effective way moving forward , but changes are in the wind with pricing , so going forward  guests will be able to see if a smaller cleaning fee in a house with 'spotless' reviews, is better value than a similar priced home with very high cleaning fees. Fees tend to lie between 50 to 250 in our area, with still higher fees for larger properties. Its a good idea to go 'incognito ' and look at other homes nearby . . H

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Fozia2 ,

I decided not to charge a cleaning fee as reading complaints on Google it’s seems to be the biggest complaint with guest, especially sticker shock!

I have never regretted that though first started pay Feb & had 28 guest so far.
I however adjust my prices a little higher. Guest choose me stating no cleaning fee plus my place is spotless.
I live below the unit I rent so I clean myself. I can easily check out & in in 5 hour window.

Other hosts have struggled getting on time reliable cleaners which cost hosts $ too.

something to think about. 
Bettye

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Fozia2 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Our lovely members @Bettye6 @Helen744 @Tommy150 have come up with some interesting suggestions and questions that need to be addressed while deciding on the cleaning fee. 

Have you decided on what you will be charging? It would be great to hear your take on this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines