25% are 12,5%! We are loosing 2/3 of our income until October

Answered!
Alex---Michael0
Level 6
Berlin, Germany

25% are 12,5%! We are loosing 2/3 of our income until October

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE

Returning 25% of the cancellation fee means a maximum of 12.5% of the actual sales. 12.5%! 12.5%! 12.5!

On other platforms it is 50%, which also causes extreme difficulties. Now guests can cancel free of charge until May 31st, so all pre-bookings for this year are gone realistically.

March 12.5%, April 12.5%, May 12.5% and the months June to October will go for a maximum of 50%. Monthly loss of sales average 64% until the end of October and these are the good months that usually cushion the bad ones.

AIRBNB IS DEAD!

I will bring my four apartments back to the market and rent them out regularly. My cleaning lady is now unemployed and I cannot help her.

1 Best Answer
Patty168
Level 4
New York, NY

Airbnb is dead and we hosts will dye as well!! Two years ago I’d quite my job in NYC to run my Airbnb place in Porto which was doing very well. Now it’s becoming a great disappointment because of the several cancellations I’ve gotten. I have a mortgage to be paid monthly but I don’t have money at all to do so . I’m sure that it’s happening to many of us. It’s a nightmare!! 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Patty168
Level 4
New York, NY

Airbnb is dead and we hosts will dye as well!! Two years ago I’d quite my job in NYC to run my Airbnb place in Porto which was doing very well. Now it’s becoming a great disappointment because of the several cancellations I’ve gotten. I have a mortgage to be paid monthly but I don’t have money at all to do so . I’m sure that it’s happening to many of us. It’s a nightmare!! 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Patty168 You quit your job... You took a gamble.... Your doing, your responsibility. Why should hosts be paid for NOT hosting? And we don't know the future... This may be over soon & people may start travelling again!