72 hour buffer

Melanie751
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

72 hour buffer

We have been looking at the Airbnb new cleaning protocol which is excellent but notice in order to sign up you need to have a 72hr buffer system between each guests. For us with short term stays this could be half of our week and hence impossible to sustain our business. Is this really correct?

5 Replies 5
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Melanie751 , I just completed the cleaning protocol and it was a 24 hour buffer.

Perhaps it has been updated. 

Stay safe, Charles

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Melanie751 I've opted in and its a 24hr with the opt in hosts.

as I understand the 72 hrs is ONLY if you decide to do everything as you always do and Opt Out....then you pick the 72 hr window

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

The AirBnB cleaning protocol is nothing more than AirBnB self-promotion. "Aren't we wonderful for telling you how to do things?!". The policy is not in line with UK Government guidance. I'm totally ignoring it. AirBnB only provide 10% of our bookings anyway.

@Trevor243 @Melanie751 @Clara116 @Charles224 

Make sure you read up on your local Public Health Acts as that is where correct laws are.

Note there's provisions in there for when a person has an Infectious Disease - the law was written when Tuberculosis, Cholera and other diseases were commonplace in days gone by.

On a personal note, a family member had Leptospirosis when we were children and the law as it stood was we were not to enter the room where they were recovering and standard disinfection processes were used as is recommended in todays day and age.

Whilst the year has changed, the law technically hasn't.

Stick to your high standards of cleanliness.

With most countries having had enforced Quarantines / Self Isolation people should be fine.

Trust and honesty is important.

Simon2553
Level 3
Zürich, Switzerland

GUI for the cleaning protocol doesn't work for me.  Can't click on anything, advance through the process.  All I can do is download the materials, but can't proceed to the quiz etc.  

Isn't AirBnB a billion dollar company?  Maybe they should hire a competent web designer.