Airbnb needs to update COVID19 policy to allow hosts to cancel bookings

James1703
Level 2
Canberra, AU

Airbnb needs to update COVID19 policy to allow hosts to cancel bookings

I have been mostly successful in getting my guests to cancel their bookings all except one who seems to think this whole Covid19 thing will be over by June and wants to come and stay. I have said nope, this is the new normal for at least 6 months and havent heard anything further from her about cancelling my booking.

I am trying to transition my place to a 28 night minimum on airbnb to adjust to this but this rogue two day booking is messing up the flow of things. So I have tried to talk to airbnb support about this but they have been less than helpful.

Airbnb needs to pull their Covid19 policy and allow hosts to modify their bookings so they can try and survive this. Otherwise, we will remember this once things have settled down and may not want to be back on the platform.

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I think you're right, @James1703, and I don't doubt the policy will be modified soon.

I'm supposed to be going to Tel Aviv in early June (the airline I booked with has suspended flying there) and the host also thinks life will be back to normal then! Thankfully I have travel insurance.

I've been lucky (if you can call it that) as my dozen or so bookings cancelled in light-speed.