C19 Relief doesn't cover many bookings even when they are in the date range!

Laurel-and-Steak0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

C19 Relief doesn't cover many bookings even when they are in the date range!

We are super hosts and lost many bookings due to Covid 19 like all of you. We're wondering if other people are finding the Covid 19 support to be disappointing? Typically we are booked every day and all of our March to May reservations were canceled due to Covid 19. Most of these were booked before the March 19 cut-off. We got a letter from SB County stating that we had to cancel all of our reservations immediately due to Covid 19, indefinitely or we would lose our STR license. We complied.

Here's the rub--Airbnb is only offering money for guest cancellations due to Covid 19 not taking into account that we were forced to cancel our reservations due to Covid 19. The other part of the policy is that we have a moderate cancellation policy so anything canceled more than 5 days out also doesn't count even though the cancellations were due 100% to Covid 19. Please reconsider your policy to truly cover the bookings hosts lost due to Covid 19. Currently, Airbnb has offered that 3 of our reservations qualify for the Covid 19 support but of those only one has money assigned to it for $84.00. 

1 Reply 1
Todd-And-Erin0
Level 2
San Felipe, Mexico

I am completely experiencing the same problem. They buried or made the host cancellation policy part of the extenuating circumstances relief part, so obscure that it really shouldn’t apply! I chose the same “moderate” cancellation option on AIRBNB’s recommendation! They suggested it to me to get more bookings when I first started and cancellations were never an issue so never changed. 
We had several reservations that met every date guideline, every guest canceled guideline, EVERYTHING! Our total received should have been $759. Instead we got $36.86. 
ive called, I’ve written, I’ve been supportive, I’ve been angry, I’ve sobbed, I’ve been matter of fact, I’ve tried everything just to get an answer, and have yet to receive a response. I believe the $759 wasn’t paid because we followed the “Smart Tip” cancellation option, but I’m not certain since I can’t get an answer. It’s CRUEL to lead people to believe they are getting money when they (Airbnb) have no intention of paying you. 
I saved screenshots of conversations through the Help center verifying that “several if not all” of our reservations in that time frame qualified for the 25% relief payment. But still.......no response, no email with an invitation to apply for a grant, etc. It would be easier if they just said we’re not giving you a penny more. At least I could let go of that hope:(. I’m wondering how long we can actually eat cactus and live, and they’re figuring out what loophole they can wiggle through to avoid a $700 payment from $250,000,000. Messed up priorities.